Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF DVD REVIEW: The Boys in the Band

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,181 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted October 27 2008 - 07:22 PM

In Conclusion
Some of the dramatics may be a bit dated and the directorial technique somewhat busy and obvious, but The Boys in the Band still has the power to touch and to inform even decades after its sensationalism has died away. It’s a pleasure to have the movie available at last in a more than decent DVD edition. Matt Hough Charlotte, NC

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   John Gilmore

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA.

Posted October 27 2008 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for the review Matt. Although dated and depressing, this was a breakthrough in the way that gay men were portrayed on film. I've been waiting on this DVD release for a long time!
John

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,684 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the review! I found the commentary really interesting. I tend to not be a fan of films where folks are miserable, so I respect this film more than I whole heatedly love it, but I think it is pretty amazing and some of the cast do amazing work... There is a documentary Making The Boys that is also available on DVD that is very worth watching as well. Netflixing the documentary and seeing the back story on this one made me decide I needed to own both..

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVD Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users