-

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS season 6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 of 37 OFFLINE   Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge

Screenwriter

• 2,379 posts

Posted October 29 2008 - 04:32 AM

This weeks episode, Murder 2.0 was awesome. It featured the Numa Numa Music Video from Gary Brulsma ... Gibbs was even smiling when McGee popped it on the television monitors. It was hilarious.

#22 of 37 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,542 posts

Posted October 29 2008 - 04:47 PM

This whole season has been very good. Last night's episode was one of the creepiest NCIS shows ever. It was almost CSI like in tone, but it maintained the NCIS "heart."

#23 of 37 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,542 posts

Posted November 15 2008 - 01:58 PM

Wow, not much discussion of what I consider to be a very good season of one of my favorite shows. And a show that continues to do very well in the ratings. I wonder why...

#24 of 37 OFFLINE   Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter

• 1,099 posts

Posted November 15 2008 - 02:38 PM

Probably my favorite show on TV.

Please tell me someone has a video of Tony's itchy ear interrogation. That had me rolling!
Randy T.
Orlando, FL
ºoº Home of The Mouse!!!

"Oh, come on, guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays!"

#25 of 37 OFFLINE   Spero D

Spero D

Second Unit

• 490 posts

Posted December 17 2008 - 06:43 PM

This latest ep would of had to have been for me the weakest episode of this season. Hopefully this was not the finale for this season.

#26 of 37 OFFLINE   Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted December 27 2008 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spero D
Hopefully this was not the finale for this season.
In December? Not likely.
R.I.P. DVDSpot

#27 of 37 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts

Posted December 28 2008 - 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ
Wow, not much discussion of what I consider to be a very good season of one of my favorite shows. And a show that continues to do very well in the ratings. I wonder why...
Well, we were quite a number of weeks behind and just caught up. I thought the resolution to the mole storyline worked well. Glad to see that Gibbs' gut was right there.

As far as the Christmas episode, I thought it was a fun one. I hadn't seen Peter Coyote for a while, so it was good to see him there.

#28 of 37 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts

Posted December 28 2008 - 06:00 AM

Check out this article on Cote de Pablo - 'NCIS' BEAUTY GETS SATISFACTION BEATING UP THE BOYS - New York Post

#29 of 37 ONLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted February 20 2009 - 08:09 AM

Really enoyed this week's episode -- it was nice to see Tony taking the reins again, and equally nice to see "agent-mode" Gibbs, instead of "boss-mode." I thought it was hilarious that Tony has his own "Ducky," and that it's Palmer Posted Image

#30 of 37 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,742 posts

Posted February 20 2009 - 09:42 AM

Tony's camp fire sit-down was pretty funny.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#31 of 37 ONLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted February 25 2009 - 03:42 AM

Tossing this in this thread, since it's probably too early for its own:

LL Cool J gets spun for 'NCIS' | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

#32 of 37 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts

Posted March 10 2009 - 02:26 AM

We finally got around to watch the 1/13 episode "Broken Bird." Strangely enough, my family was not impressed when I pointed out that Mr. Pain was first played by Mark Sheppard, and then when aged was played by Mark's father - William Morgan Sheppard. It was a nice touch.

#33 of 37 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted May 19 2009 - 11:05 PM

Re: The Season Finale

Great episode. Just hoping the team doesn't lose another female team member to violence.

Tony and the Mossad Director was a call-back to A Few Good Men. Gibbs was right, Tony CAN handle himself.

McGhee and the lame hard drive joke - come on, how many of us have run a joke into the ground because we thought it was funny.

Nice to see Arnold V (the Mummy and Chuck's nemesis) on the scene!

#34 of 37 ONLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted May 20 2009 - 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Orr
Tony and the Mossad Director was a call-back to A Few Good Men. Gibbs was right, Tony CAN handle himself.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw that scene. Director David got the full "did you order the code red?!" treatment.

Once again, NCIS delivers a solid episode, with an interesting story, great performances all around, and a cliffhanger that lets the audience know what the first few episodes of next season will be about (rescuing Ziva, I assume), while also leaving them wondering a bit (will Ziva die?).

With episodes like this, it's easy to see why it's one of the top shows on all of TV. However, there isn't much to "discuss" really, so these threads tend to be woefully short. "Oh well," I say, because I like to have safe shows like this (and Numb3rs and The Unit, as I mentioned in The Unit thread)--they show that not every show needs to be a complete mystery like BSG or LOST (two shows I absolutely love) to get your heart racing. I know my heart was beating a little faster during the interrogation scene.

I also like being able to watch a great show, confident in knowing that it won't be cancelled Posted Image

Great season of NCIS, and I'll be adding the DVDs (can we please have these in BD now?) when the season comes out this fall/winter.

cheers!

#35 of 37 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,542 posts

Posted May 21 2009 - 05:54 PM

Overall, I thought it was a very good season, but I wasn't too enamored with the finale. Actually, I think the season turned for me with the spin-off episodes. It disrupted the natural flow of the series and I don't think it ever recovered.

I don't know what I think of the spin-off. I like NCIS enough that I'd think I might enjoy a similar, but different take on the concept. That said I really didn't like spin-off episodes very much. It was also strange to leave us with O'Donnell's character bullet ridden with no resolution until the show gets picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Dial
With episodes like this, it's easy to see why it's one of the top shows on all of TV. However, there isn't much to "discuss" really, so these threads tend to be woefully short. "Oh well," I say, because I like to have safe shows like this (and Numb3rs and The Unit, as I mentioned in The Unit thread)--they show that not every show needs to be a complete mystery like BSG or LOST (two shows I absolutely love) to get your heart racing. I know my heart was beating a little faster during the interrogation scene.

You are right that there isn't as much to discuss, but the thread for a popular and good show shouldn't be this dead. There is still a lot that fans of the show could talk about.

I agree with you wholeheartedly in your comments about the style of the show. I also love a show like Lost, but not every show needs to be that mysterious and deep. NCIS is reliable and I mean that as high praise.

Quote:
I also like being able to watch a great show, confident in knowing that it won't be cancelled Posted Image

Ain't that the truth!

Quote:
Great season of NCIS, and I'll be adding the DVDs (can we please have these in BD now?) when the season comes out this fall/winter.

cheers!

It would be nice if the BDs were an option though it isn't a huge deal for me. I can loan the DVDs to others. The seasons are already priced pretty high so they would probably be a bunch on BD. And NCIS is not one of the best looking HD show although it has gotten noticeably better. Who am I kidding, I'd by the BDs. Posted Image

#36 of 37 OFFLINE   David_Jr

David_Jr

Supporting Actor

• 600 posts

Posted May 23 2009 - 05:27 PM

Quote:
It would be nice if the BDs were an option though it isn't a huge deal for me. I can loan the DVDs to others. The seasons are already priced pretty high so they would probably be a bunch on BD. And NCIS is not one of the best looking HD show although it has gotten noticeably better.

Also NCIS is run regularly on USA and SPIKE in HD and looks very good.
Dave

#37 of 37 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,330 posts

Posted August 10 2010 - 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stephen Orr 

Re: The Season Finale

Great episode. Just hoping the team doesn't lose another female team member to violence.

Late to the party; but S6 only just aired here, so it's not my fault!  S7 starts next week, and prior to S6 it was S4 and S5, so by the time I'm done in about 5 more weeks it'll have been back-to-back-to-back NCIS daily for nearly 5 months... /img/vbsmilies/htf/eek.gif

Anyway, I personally thought it odd that the US Govt would be so accomodating of the Israelis in shipping DiNozzo to Tel Aviv to answer Mossad's inquiries into the death of a Mossad agent on US soil.  In the first place Rivkin was operating presumably illegally, and indeed had committed murder himself in LA, which they let slide since it was after all a terrorist, but now he's implicated in the death of a US Federal agent -- and never mind the "it was an accident" nonsense, he had no business sneaking around SecNav's home trying to spy on a meeting of four agency heads! -- yet DiNozzo is the one who is treated like he's done something wrong?

So whilst I can see NCIS extending the courtesy of allowing Director David to interrogate Tony, this would have to be with David flying to DC to speak to Tony at NCIS, rather than "delivering" Tony to Mossad, where anything could happen, whether overtly or covertly, to Tony while on Israeli soil and surrounded by Mossad assassins.  I know, Israel is an important ally and all that, but to deliver up your man on a plate under questionable circumstances?  Shows very little loyalty to your own agents, IMHO.  Not to mention the dead ICE agent, even if it was "an accident" and wasn't intended.

Another curiosity: at no point did I recall hearing Tony saying (or stating in his written report, which others referred to) that he told Rivkin he was under arrest, and Rivkin resisted arrest and tried to kill Tony.  Tony had every right to arrest Rivkin, given the ISP link to Ziva's home and finding Rivkin there, so all the more reason when Rivkin resisted arrest and tried to kill Tony, it was a justified shooting on Tony's part.  Instead, by only stating that Rivkin just tried to kill him, for no apparent reason, it raised the issue of Tony's motives, since Rivkin otherwise would have no motive to attack Tony.  But resisting arrest, on the other hand, would be a clear motive on Rivkin's part to attack Tony.  Unless Tony was so far off the reservation that the arrest would have been considered improper?  Which I highly doubt.  The circumstances of Tony arriving at Ziva's home were a bit off-protocol, but what transpired thereafter -- find Rivkin there and therefore linking him to the laptop -- would certainly have justified arresting Rivkin.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow