What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The eighteenth season of NCIS was not its best by far: the mysteries seemed easier to solve than usual, the extended story arcs didn’t provide very satisfactory conclusions, and the defections from the show didn’t have quite the emotional impact of those from earlier seasons.

Sturgeon Season (2020)

Released: 17 Nov 2020
Rated: TV-14
Runtime: 41 min

Director: Michael Zinberg
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Cast: Mark Harmon, Sean Murray, Wilmer Valderrama
Writer(s): Donald P. Bellisario, Don McGill, Scott Williams

Plot: Gibbs and Fornell attempt to track down the leader of a drug ring who supplied drugs to Fornell's daughter; the team deals with the case of a missing cadaver from the NCIS autopsy room.

IMDB rating: 7.3
MetaScore: N/A

Disc...

Continue reading...

Rustifer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russ J.
I agree with you in large part as I began to slightly sour on this series even before this season. The changes in cast never seemed to find communal footing in their relationships as in the past. I still haven't bought into Wilmer Valderrama's character with his t-shirts so tight as to nearly outline his entire internal organ displacement. An MRI on this guy must take all of 7 seconds. In comparison to Michael Weatherly, Wilmer is saddled with the emotional acting range of kitchen linoleum.

The experiment of 'epic' storylines overlapping several episodes completely looses the tight script discipline of the case-opened-case-solved single episode framework. Not to mention losing my interest halfway through the plot.

I will admit that Mark Harmon has seemingly tinkered with his internal aging clock to successfully stall its forward march to which the rest of us are so sorrowfully subject.
He and I are the same age, which my wife assures me is the only thing we have in common.

At least kudos for the continuing framing practice of the B&W snapshot before and after each sequence.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks