Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Martin and Lewis "MONE FROM HOME" DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   howardWB

howardWB

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted July 08 2008 - 05:59 AM

Martin and Lewis' "MONEY FROM HOME" was released by Legend Films on 7/1/08. Last week I saw it listed on Target's website, Wal-Mart, Amazon (today it's out of stock) and Best Buy -- yet I can't find it in any retail stores yet (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart). I also checked the Virgin Mega Store in Times Sq, NY but they aren't carrying it. Has anyone been able to find it in any retail stores? I don't buy online so it's important I can find this in retail DVD store.

Thanking in advance!

Regards,
Howard
aka "Beatle Bob"
Posted Image

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,530 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 08 2008 - 06:49 AM

Howard: This title wasn't on my radar...but I found that DeepDiscount has it listed with an odd release date of 7-10-08 (Thursday)...but at a bargain price.

Maybe there was a delay in shipping from the distributor to retailers.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,279 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 09 2008 - 03:22 PM

must have fixed it, say 7-01 now.
although when in the crt it still lists it as a preor
der

so i guess this has not been on home video/dvd before.
guess i'll order it.
facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,530 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 09 2008 - 04:52 PM

It is also--at this moment--in stock @ amazon.com. Although it says it only has three in stock. "Order soon! More on the way."

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted July 10 2008 - 01:31 AM

This is so confusing that after they put out the two Dean and Jerry boxsets that they sneak out a single title via Legend.
come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,540 posts

Posted July 10 2008 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
This is so confusing that after they put out the two Dean and Jerry boxsets that they sneak out a single title via Legend.

Which makes me wonder and hope if "Three Ring Circus" will be coming from Legend.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Charles H

Charles H

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted July 10 2008 - 03:53 AM

Any word on another wave of Paramount/Legend releases? I'd like them to explore their untapped noir films (APPOINTMENT WITH DANGER, UNION STATION, DARK CITY, NO MAN OF HER OWN, HELL'S ISLAND, THE LAWLESS, THE FILE OF THELMA JORDAN, THE TURNING POINT).
Charles Hoyt

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   FrancisP

FrancisP

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 05:22 AM

The funny thing is that DD had it listed as being available 7/10. Yet aparently Amazon had it before that. I have never seen anything as screwed up as this.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   howardWB

howardWB

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 08:41 AM

I found it today at Barnes And Nobles at 46th and 5th Ave in NYC! Previewed it on my computer here at work. Color is excellent but image slighly soft and grainy and not quite as good as the Martin and Lewis box sets by Paramount-- but I'll take it--it's Martin and Lewis! Posted Image

Regards,
Howard
aka "Beatle Bob"
Posted Image

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,279 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:02 AM

DD shipped mine today
facebook.com/whotony

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,540 posts

Posted July 11 2008 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardWB
I found it today at Barnes And Nobles at 46th and 5th Ave in NYC! Previewed it on my computer here at work. Color is excellent but image slighly soft and grainy and not quite as good as the Martin and Lewis box sets by Paramount-- but I'll take it--it's Martin and Lewis! Posted Image

Regards,
Howard
aka "Beatle Bob"
Posted Image

If color is excellent then thats good news because this always has washed out color in TV prints so I was most concerned with the color.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,739 posts

Posted July 12 2008 - 04:42 AM

MONEY FROM HOME was one of only two features photographed with the Technicolor 3-D camera rig. (The other was FLIGHT TO TANGIER.) That meant there were 6 rolls going through the cameras for each take: Yellow, cyan, magenta left and YCM right. Imagine the raw stock bill on that production!

MFH was also released with 35mm magnetic full-coat stereophonic sound: Left, center and right channels placed behind the screen. Unfortunately those tracks are long gone.

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg

Forum Nav Content I Follow