What's new

Secret Life of an American Teenager S1 (discussion) (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I watched the pilot episode of this series on ABC family and wasn't too blown over by the content or the actors. The whole show seemed rushed and the actors seemed like they were not sure exactly what they were suppose to be doing. It was very odd.

The storyline is completely sex driven and at times it seemed almost too much. I didn't give one iota about any of these characters because each and every one seemed so phony.

I plan on watching the second episode, but I don't have much faith that it will get any better. Too bad, as Molly Ringwald plays the mom of lead character and I was hoping this would be a hit show for her.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to set my DVR for this. I was curious to see how it was. I think the producers are counting on the irony of Molly Ringwald now playing the mom of a teen.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
So after watching the first two episodes and not really getting into the show, I decided to dvr the marathon to give the show another try. It's actually not as bad as I had originally thought. The first two episodes didn't blow me over, but after watching some of the more recent episodes, I actually enjoyed some of the storyline and characters.

The acting seems to have gotten a tad bit better by some of the cast, while there are still a few, namely the dad and the sister, who just seems like they needs to go back to acting 101. I adore Molly Ringwald as a mom and it's nice to see her in this role.

I haven't caught up completely with the series. I think I have about three more episodes to watch before S1 is done.

Anyone else watching?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Next episode to air is called: The Secret Wedding of an American Teenager Jan 13,2009 at 8pm on ABC family.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
It's interesting how I started off not liking this show at all and now I am a full fledged fan. This show started off quite rough, but characters I disliked then I am totally in love with now. For instance, the father, use to annoy me to know end, but now that I understand his character a bit more I really do like him. The emo daughter was pretty annoying, but has sort of grown on me and has even grown up a bit herself throughout this whole thing.

Molly Ringwald is amazing as Anne and I really enjoy her character. She gives the daughter pretty good advice and really seems to know what she wants.

All in all, I love this show and hope others are giving it a chance.

Two more episodes until the season finale.

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Anybody know what's going on with this show, and with all the other ABC-Family teen soaps (Make It or Break It, etc.)? It seems like forever since they've been on.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I stopped watching after the first few episodes of Season 2. I went from enjoying this show to feeling like it just went completely downhill.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks