What's new

Murder, She Wrote: Season 9 DVD boxset? (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The eighth season boxset of Murder, She Wrote was released on Region 2 recently, so with no announcement yet for the ninth season (1992-93) on Region 1 the first eight seasons have been released in both Region 1 and 2.

Were the Region 1 sales for the eighth season R1 boxset good enough for Universal to release season nine?

redbird

Agent
Real Name
M
Yeah, what's up with Season 9? All of a sudden, no news at all on this show after
regular releases. I hope Universal isn't killing this show so close to completion:angry:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
This is such a fun show. Unfortunately, we stopped purchasing them after the second season. Those dang flippers again. We had to return each season at least once for a replacement.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
Count me in as wanting this released as well. It would stink to get 2/3 of the way through the series and have it cut off. This show is great to watch, particularly now with such a dearth of light mystery shows on TV.

The flippers were bad for Seasons 1-3, but at least Universal learned its lesson and have gone with single-sided discs for Seasons 4-8. When and if this is released, I'd like to see another retrospective...I enjoyed hearing Angela Lansbury's comments on the earlier season sets.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I honestly have not heard of one single, solitary line of ongoing DVD releases, or announced DVD releases, or what have you, that have had any DVD production or release delays, or whatever, due to that fire. I've seen no announcements that the fire caused the destruction of anything vital to a DVD release, or source material irreplaceable and needed for a DVD release, or whatever.

I'm kind of thunderstruck by how many times the speculation has turned up this particular avenue since the big blaze (it's mentioned in the "where's Rockford?" thread, too). It's Universal, folks; they pretty much do what they want to do schedule-wise, when they want to do it. The only ones less predictable about this seems to be Sony. So it's funny, to me, how the fire seems to be where everyone turns to now to put the blame on, whereas if the same situation happened a year ago everyone would guess that sales had sucked on Season 8, or else just shrug their shoulders and say "oh, well...it's Universal". ;)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Additional proof that the fire is not responsible for the delay of this or Rockford: future seasons of MSW as well as season 6 of Rockford are up on Netflix Instant Viewing app.

Therefore, it's obvious the material has been converted to digital files already and is clearly prepped for DVD release should they choose to do so.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Well after watching the adverts on my Monk season 6 boxset for Murder She Wrote, it says at the end Season 9 coming soon...

DavidBC

Second Unit
It would be a shame not to finish this series. they were released so consistently that the lack of news is disconcerting. Four more sets and a set of the tv movies would be terrific.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A new news article has been posted on TVShowsOnDVD today about Murder, She Wrote and it's ninth season on DVD. I'll use the word 'could', in case the boxset gets delayed. The ninth season 'could' be coming out in February 2009.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will there be a review of Murder, She Wrote's ninth season set on the HTF forum?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Yes, I'll be doing it, but since the set doesn't street until February 17th, it's far down my review stack at the moment.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Did you all see Gord's news post on TSoD about the 10th season set? Uni is asking fans for their inputs on an episode that was aired in the 11th season but was produced in S10. That's great news about a studio reaching out for fans' input on a TV/DVD release. Imo, Uni deserves a :emoji_thumbsup: for this.

The news post link is here

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Will there be a HTF review for the 10th season set of Murder, She Wrote?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone bought the 10th season of Murder, She Wrote on Region 1? As there was no HTF forum review for the set I was wondering whether the picture quality was the same as that for the ninth season set (which had gone from a glossy sharp-ish picture to a more softer picture quality)? I read from on TVShowsOnDVD that it is a five disc set again. Season 10 is coming out on Region 2 at the end of this month (31st August).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was not assigned the set to review, so I bought a copy for my own collection, and I finished it today. The picture quality is similar to the last season. Sharpness varies and so does color quality/density. There are white speckles scattered throughout owing to the age of the masters. I would give it a 3.5/5 for picture quality.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by MattH.

I was not assigned the set to review, so I bought a copy for my own collection, and I finished it today. The picture quality is similar to the last season. Sharpness varies and so does color quality/density. There are white speckles scattered throughout owing to the age of the masters. I would give it a 3.5/5 for picture quality.
Thanks for replying back. The comments are appreciated. It gives me an idea of what to expect when I buy the Region 2 set of the tenth season.

The eleventh season episode "Amsterdam Kill" is being included in the Region 2 set as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks