Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PETER JACKSON - directing "The Lovely Bones" starring Mark Wahlberg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 buttmunker

buttmunker

Second Unit

• 329 posts

Posted June 07 2008 - 05:00 PM

I found it appealing to see that Peter Jackson, after the epics he has put out, decided to keep it "fairly simple" with this upcoming project, which appears to be a straight drama with ordinary people (even if those ordinary people are extraordinarily good-looking).

I have neither read the book nor divulged into this film's full synopsis (yet), but it grabbed my attention simply by the name of the director (Jackson) and the name of the lead star (Wahlberg), so despite the content of the film, I'm already there. But here's what I know (so far):

A young girl becomes missing. Her parents do not know that she was murdered, and are hoping to find her in one piece, et al. The young girl is looking down on her parents from Heaven, and see that they are "falling apart" - themselves, and their marriage.

I plan on reading more about it, and if the subject and reviews of the novel are up to snuff, I will pick up the novel and read it before the film is released in 2009.
"The power of love will keep you home at night" -Huey Lewis & The News

"I give in to sin because you have to make this life liveable" -Depeche Mode

#2 of 8 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts

Posted June 08 2008 - 02:46 AM

I read "The Lovely Bones" at the beach a few years back, it is an excellent book and I can't wait to see what Jackson can do to it. The book relies much on the dead girl's narration of events unfolding on earth as her family tries to find her and her thoughts about where she is at, I can't imagine how they are going to accomplish this on film but I am looking forward to it.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#3 of 8 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 15,995 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 08 2008 - 04:16 AM

i live in the area this was filmed.
Hope it turns out good.

btw, Mike you do know htf has a movie area.
you posted this in the dvd section.

here is the topic for discussion of this movie.

http://www.hometheat....next-film.html

Posted Image

facebook.com/whotony

#4 of 8 Frank@N

Frank@N

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted June 08 2008 - 06:57 AM

What happened to "Son of Kong"?

They were talking about the movie like it was right around the corner on the Kong extras...

#5 of 8 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,440 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 08 2008 - 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@N

They were talking about the movie like it was right around the corner on the Kong extras...
That video diary was posted on April 1st. Posted Image

#6 of 8 Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@N

I think this fellow is pulling our legs....you are, right?
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#7 of 8 Frank@N

Frank@N

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts

Posted June 12 2008 - 04:59 AM

What can I say, PJ & Co. got me...

I completely bought the whole "Son of Kong" sequel because PJ is such a Kong fan and he has a ton of clout in Hollywood.

I have the two-disc version of the 1933 original and entire 2nd disc is PJ gushing about Kong and reshooting lost footage (!).

Honestly, I wouldn't have put anything past him regarding Kong.

But I should have know better because they were talking about the sequel coming out the following year, which was totally crazy.

#8 of 8 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts

Posted June 12 2008 - 06:30 AM

I was passing by as the Biography channel was running a bio of Jackson last night and the narrator was saying that he spent some time at a nudist colony with his parents in the 70's. You learn something new everyday but I digress, back to the topic at hand.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

Forum Nav Content I Follow