What's new

PETER JACKSON - directing "The Lovely Bones" starring Mark Wahlberg (1 Viewer)

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I found it appealing to see that Peter Jackson, after the epics he has put out, decided to keep it "fairly simple" with this upcoming project, which appears to be a straight drama with ordinary people (even if those ordinary people are extraordinarily good-looking).

I have neither read the book nor divulged into this film's full synopsis (yet), but it grabbed my attention simply by the name of the director (Jackson) and the name of the lead star (Wahlberg), so despite the content of the film, I'm already there. But here's what I know (so far):

A young girl becomes missing. Her parents do not know that she was murdered, and are hoping to find her in one piece, et al. The young girl is looking down on her parents from Heaven, and see that they are "falling apart" - themselves, and their marriage.

I plan on reading more about it, and if the subject and reviews of the novel are up to snuff, I will pick up the novel and read it before the film is released in 2009.

mylan

Screenwriter
I read "The Lovely Bones" at the beach a few years back, it is an excellent book and I can't wait to see what Jackson can do to it. The book relies much on the dead girl's narration of events unfolding on earth as her family tries to find her and her thoughts about where she is at, I can't imagine how they are going to accomplish this on film but I am looking forward to it.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
What happened to "Son of Kong"?

They were talking about the movie like it was right around the corner on the Kong extras...

Frank@N

Screenwriter
What can I say, PJ & Co. got me...

I completely bought the whole "Son of Kong" sequel because PJ is such a Kong fan and he has a ton of clout in Hollywood.

I have the two-disc version of the 1933 original and entire 2nd disc is PJ gushing about Kong and reshooting lost footage (!).

Honestly, I wouldn't have put anything past him regarding Kong.

But I should have know better because they were talking about the sequel coming out the following year, which was totally crazy.

mylan

Screenwriter
I was passing by as the Biography channel was running a bio of Jackson last night and the narrator was saying that he spent some time at a nudist colony with his parents in the 70's. You learn something new everyday but I digress, back to the topic at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks