-

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official KUNG FU PANDA Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,644 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted June 06 2008 - 11:32 PM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Kung Fu Panda". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Kung Fu Panda" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,495 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 07 2008 - 02:17 PM

I enjoyed the film and was looking forward to it more than anything else coming out between Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I missed hearing Po say "skadoosh" with the belly bounce, as he did in one of the trailers. I was expecting some inside homages to the kung fu film genre (e.g. it would have been funny to see a flying guillotine in the hall of warriors), but Po's geeking out over spoofs of those weapons made up for it.

So what kind of animal was Shifu? Badger?
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,502 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 09 2008 - 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee
I enjoyed the film and was looking forward to it more than anything else coming out between Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I missed hearing Po say "skadoosh" with the belly bounce, as he did in one of the trailers. I was expecting some inside homages to the kung fu film genre (e.g. it would have been funny to see a flying guillotine in the hall of warriors), but Po's geeking out over spoofs of those weapons made up for it.

So what kind of animal was Shifu? Badger?

They probably removed that 'skadoosh' so the finger-hold 'skadoosh' worked that much better. And, it was great!

Shifu is a Red Panda. I'm surprised that the story never utilized the 'no accidents/coincidences' motif to note that he was a Red Panda and Po was a Giant Panda - very much species-1st cousins.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave Morton

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor

• 754 posts

Posted June 10 2008 - 01:12 AM

I thought this movie was very well made. It had a good cast too. I was thinking it was going to be some b-movie but I was pleasantly surprised. The kids liked it too. I will probably pick up the blu ray disc when it comes out.
------ Dave ------
------------------
MY HT

New Family Addition