What's new

*** Official KUNG FU PANDA Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Kung Fu Panda". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Kung Fu Panda" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed the film and was looking forward to it more than anything else coming out between Iron Man and The Dark Knight. I missed hearing Po say "skadoosh" with the belly bounce, as he did in one of the trailers. I was expecting some inside homages to the kung fu film genre (e.g. it would have been funny to see a flying guillotine in the hall of warriors), but Po's geeking out over spoofs of those weapons made up for it.

So what kind of animal was Shifu? Badger?

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

They probably removed that 'skadoosh' so the finger-hold 'skadoosh' worked that much better. And, it was great!

Shifu is a Red Panda. I'm surprised that the story never utilized the 'no accidents/coincidences' motif to note that he was a Red Panda and Po was a Giant Panda - very much species-1st cousins.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I thought this movie was very well made. It had a good cast too. I was thinking it was going to be some b-movie but I was pleasantly surprised. The kids liked it too. I will probably pick up the blu ray disc when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks