Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Owl and the Pussycat

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 570 posts

Posted November 29 2001 - 07:36 PM

i just got around to watching my new dics tonite...has anyone else noticed these two "edits"...one where Babs discsusses the power of words as she and George are harrased by several men in a near-by car....and the other as George descirbes the activies of the previous evening in relation to a pack of dogs in the park.... these edits really distroy the impact of the scenes!!!.. disappointing.

#2 of 4 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,346 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 02:33 AM

Bob, Please do a search for my official HTF review on this DVD. I noticed an editing flub near the end of the film when Babs and Segal are in a bathtub and the same question is asked twice from different angles.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,483 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 09:33 AM

The scene with Streisand and the guys in the car where she used the "F" word was re-edited soon after the film's original release because they wanted a PG rating. I don't have the disc yet but when perusing it at my local DVD store, I noticed it was the PG version so I assume the word was edited out. Is this what you're talking about or is the word still in. The edits are probably tied in to the from R to PG version. I believe Saturday Night Fever had a similar edit several years after it's release to get a more youth friendly rating.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 570 posts

Posted November 30 2001 - 12:19 PM

Yes, that is it Tom. The ensuing chase makes no sense what so ever, since the guys really dont have a reason to react the way they do after she speaks to them now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users