Photo
- - - - -

Which Blu-Ray players have built in Audio Decoding?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 jeff lam

jeff lam

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted February 29 2008 - 04:35 PM

I have been using my Toshiba HD-A2 for nearly a year now and just got a new Yamaha RXV 2600 HDMI 1.1 receiver a few months ago for a great price thinking I can just use the built in decoder of the toshiba to listen to the lossless sound formats. Now that Toshiba is out and Blu is in, Im looking for a blu player that will do what the HD-A2 did and decode the lossless audio tracks and send them to my receiver via MPCM...

Which blu players would do this for me?

#2 of 3 HDnuts100

HDnuts100

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted March 03 2008 - 04:58 AM

All Blu ray players has internal audio decoding, although some can't decode Dolby TrueHD, I believe the older Samsung and Sony player can't but if I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

#3 of 3 sptrout

sptrout

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted March 03 2008 - 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDnuts100
All Blu ray players has internal audio decoding, although some can't decode Dolby TrueHD, I believe the older Samsung and Sony player can't but if I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

I believe that the only format that is a problem is DTS HD-MA. My Samsung P1400 can decode all formats except the one just mentioned. This I believe is almost universal except maybe for some high-end players that may be able to decode MA. Even if a disk only has DTS HD-MA, players will still decode the "core" track and pass it to your AVR. The core track is very good.
Samsung HL-S6188 TV
Onkyo 805 AVR
Sony BDPS1000ES Blu-ray & Oppo 971 DVD Players
DTV HR22 DVR
Infinity Beta 50's Front Speakers, C360 Center Speaker, and Beta 20's Surrounds, Hsu VTF MK 2 Subwoofer w/Turbo, & APC J15 UPS & Power Conditioner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users