What's new

Vista Folder/Icon Views Question (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey,

On XP, you can assigne a thumbnail to be displayed on the folder icons, anyway to do this with Vista? I can't seem to get rid of the flipped open folder look with a partial thumbnail. My reason is when I rip CD's to MP3, they look nicer with the full album art displayed instead of the folder with papers in it look.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure if this is what you want, but if you right-click on the icon, and go to properties, and then customize, the bottom section is for changing the folder icon.

Glenn

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thanks for the suggestion Glen. I did see that feature. I would have to do it per folder. With XP, it was an automatic thing, it would display a .jpg as the thumbnail on the entire folder. Which is what I want for my album art on my MP3 folders. you could copy a .jpg with the name "folder.jpg" into the folder you wanted and it would disp[lay it as a giant thumbnail. Much preffered to the current stacks of paper fluttering out of the folder icon.

XP would display thumbnails to on .cbr and .cbz files that the comic reader "CDisplay" uses. Not in Vista. There were some thumbnail settings, but they all seemed to just have the loose papers look, and not this option. Or you could select a file to replace each folder icon which is just way to time consuming.

Not a huge issue, just a crummy feature to lose if your a fussy pants like I am. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks