Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

sound card for server 2003

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Bob_M

Bob_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 03:44 AM

Hi all,

I have a HP ML310 which has what appears to be Fast/wide 3.3-volt 64 bit PCI slots. Will I be able to find a sound card to fit that would fit. In addition I am running MS Server 2003.

Thanks Bob

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted December 26 2007 - 02:41 PM

You'll need a card that is 64-bit PCI ready (has the back PCI break) which can be a bit of a trick, but it's possible. I'm aware of a few Via Envy boards that have this, it rules out most of the creative.. I'd have to check what options you might have.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Bob_M

Bob_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 195 posts

Posted December 27 2007 - 01:48 AM

Thanks Chris,

I picked up a Sound Blaster Audigy SE. It's a PCI card which fit into the 3.3 volt slot although it only had pins for the first two sections and an unused key in the middle of the second section. The small back section of the slot had nothing going into it but it works just fine.

The drivers worked fine under 2003 server.

Any good web sites which show all the differnet PCI slot types? Would love to learn more about this.

Thanks

Bob