What's new

Fans / Coolers for Onkyo 705 (1 Viewer)

Nimrod

Grip
Real Name
Tony
I have an Onkyo 705 on a shelf type entertainmet unit. The front is open, but there is only 2" of clearance between the top of the receiver and the shelf. The shelf is warmer then I would like.

Looking for options for cooling it. I'd prefer not to bore a 3" diameter hole in the back of the entertainmet system if possiable

bpickell

Agent
Real Name
Brian
One thing I did with a dish network sat receiver that I had that would always run very hot and shutdown, is I built a small tray with a 120mm computer case fan in. Then set the receiver on top of the small tray so that the fan would blow up into the bottom of the receiver. Now my receiver did have small louvers on the underside of the unit so the fan actually blew into the receiver. I never had another problem after that. Now the hum of the fan was another thing that was hard to get used to, however there are ultra quiet fans you can purchase for this. I went with a cheap 3 dollar fan to do it.

Another alternative would be to utilize a popular accessory for gamer overclockers. Purchase a good water cooler to cool you processor and chipsets on the board. Of course that would require opening the case to install the water cooler. I know what your thinking... I'm not going to put anything that contains water in my receiver. Rest assured they come completely contained with soldered copper tubing. Those kits do wonders for cooling in overclocked PC's.

TDP

Auditioning
Real Name
David
I purchased a 3" 120 VAC fan and spliced it with a small section of extension cord. The fan is plugged into my Denon receiver and keeps it cool all day/night. About a $25 mod (cost of the fan).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks