-

Photo
- - - - -

help needed by newcomer with Sanyo Pro-X projector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 iann

iann

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 01 2007 - 07:33 PM

hello.

I'm new to the forum and projectors and i need help. I have a Sanyo Pro-X Multiverse Projector (model Number PLC-SE 10). It has been given to me and i understand it is 7 years old.

The problem is the image, even though its in focus, is slightly distorted. The colours don't converge with yellow to the left and red to the right. Is this an easy thing to repair and could some one give me step by step instructions as i am a newcomer.

Many thx Ian

#2 of 5 THXTheSounds

THXTheSounds

Agent

• 49 posts

Posted December 02 2007 - 02:45 PM

You can't expect much from a Sanyo especially a Sanyo 7 years old. I recommend a new projector. That being the case I recommend you get a screen. A good screen can make a shitty projector look good, while a bad screen can make a 10000 dollar projector look like crap. Sony SXRD projectors are pretty good for the money, that's what I recommend. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable with screens though, I've heard Draper is really good, they make custom screens.
Cody

Employee of Great Sounds Audio-Video in Dubuque, Iowa

"The Sounds"Car Audio/Home Theater Installs/ConsultQuestion about car audio or home theater? I'd be glad to answer it for you, just PM me.Live in the Tri-state (IL, WI, IA) area? Come visit us at Great Sounds!

#3 of 5 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted December 03 2007 - 12:51 PM

The LCD panels probabaly need to be replaced, and it will cost more than it's worth. I hope it was given to you for free. Time for a new one.

#4 of 5 sweeeny

sweeeny

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 31 2011 - 05:52 AM

u can save some money sell the bulb i will by it

#5 of 5 Cees Alons

Cees Alons

Executive Producer

• 18,616 posts

Posted August 31 2011 - 06:51 AM

Welcome to the forum, Trev.

This thread is almost four years old, unfortunately...

Cees