help needed by newcomer with Sanyo Pro-X projector

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by iann, Dec 1, 2007.

1. iann

iann Auditioning

hello.

I'm new to the forum and projectors and i need help. I have a Sanyo Pro-X Multiverse Projector (model Number PLC-SE 10). It has been given to me and i understand it is 7 years old.

The problem is the image, even though its in focus, is slightly distorted. The colours don't converge with yellow to the left and red to the right. Is this an easy thing to repair and could some one give me step by step instructions as i am a newcomer.

Many thx Ian

2. THXTheSounds

THXTheSounds Agent

You can't expect much from a Sanyo especially a Sanyo 7 years old. I recommend a new projector. That being the case I recommend you get a screen. A good screen can make a shitty projector look good, while a bad screen can make a 10000 dollar projector look like crap. Sony SXRD projectors are pretty good for the money, that's what I recommend. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable with screens though, I've heard Draper is really good, they make custom screens.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    The LCD panels probabaly need to be replaced, and it will cost more than it's worth. I hope it was given to you for free. Time for a new one.

4. sweeeny

sweeeny Auditioning

u can save some money sell the bulb i will by it

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Welcome to the forum, Trev.

This thread is almost four years old, unfortunately...

Cees