Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

24: Season Seven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
875 replies to this topic

#21 of 876 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted November 07 2007 - 02:13 PM

The news just keeps getting worse. Posted Image

http://aintitcool.com/node/34729
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#22 of 876 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,617 posts

Posted November 07 2007 - 02:42 PM

I was rather looking forward to "8".
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#23 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 07 2007 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
DAMMIT!
For what it's worth, I'd rather wait until they can get back into production rather than see eight episodes and wait months and months to see the other episodes. I can handle the multiple two or three week breaks of S1 to S3 days but a months long breaks would be nuts.

I'd bet that Lost will soon follow suit.

#24 of 876 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for nothing, Writers Guild!

#25 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts

Posted November 08 2007 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for nothing, studios!

#26 of 876 Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood

Producer

• 3,215 posts

Posted November 09 2007 - 03:57 PM

The studio isn't on strike.

#27 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts

Posted November 09 2007 - 04:02 PM

Nope but the studios have a huge pie that they refuse to share with the people who actually make the content that generates money for their company.

Anyway, there's a thread for the writer's strike.

#28 of 876 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted November 09 2007 - 05:33 PM

Just read elsewhere that if this ****ing strike doesn't end soon Fox may very well push season 7 back to January of 2008 and the 8th season of the show could be in jeopardy altogether. Posted Image

#29 of 876 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 12:51 PM

If(and it's a big if) the writer's strike gets resolved soon as is widely being reported, is it still early enough in to go on with season 7 as scheduled? I wonder what the cutoff date is for scrapping the season altogether.

#30 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent M
If(and it's a big if) the writer's strike gets resolved soon as is widely being reported, is it still early enough in to go on with season 7 as scheduled? I wonder what the cutoff date is for scrapping the season altogether.
Yeah, 24 is in such a weird position since they can't have a shortened season like every other show will end up doing. By the Christmas break, they usually have finished shooting episode 12 or 14 (depending on the year) so IF the strike is resolved and they get back to work at the beginning in January, they are behind by six episodes which is about a month and a half of shooting.

So IF the strike gets resolved by Christmas as rumored, my guess is that they'll start running the episodes on February 4 with two episodes on one night and one a week until a two episode finale and finish on June 30. Although I have the feeling that's a very optimistic guess.

#31 of 876 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 03:07 PM

It does present a very interesting predicament. I don't know if Fox would run one of their biggest hit shows all the way into the end of June so the February start might not even be an option. Since they are rumored to already have 9 episodes in the can(as they started shooting earlier than normal this year) I wonder if they could still start in January and work overtime to get the season finished in time to air on schedule. I wish I could find some concrete info on what their plans are if the strike is resolved.

#32 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts

Posted November 26 2007 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent M
I wonder if they could still start in January and work overtime to get the season finished in time to air on schedule.
My understanding is that they started shooting three weeks later this year since they tossed the Africa storyline. Like you said, Fox undoubtedly wants the finale in May but it's not possible now. Every year, they're putting the finishing touches on episode 24 the weekend before it airs so getting 2 episodes behind (let alone 4 or 6) is a big mess for them. Since 24 is Fox's biggest drama, I'd guess they will announce what's happening shortly after the strike is settled and the show gets back into production.

The one good thing about the strike is that the writers have had some time off to recharge their batteries and even if they're not getting a check, they're still trying to come up with cool stuff for upcoming episodes. Especially since they know they're going to under the gun once the show gets moving again.

#33 of 876 Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted November 27 2007 - 02:28 AM

Even before the strike, FOX announced that 24's season finale would be in June because, as Travis said, they began filming later than usual this year.

#34 of 876 Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted November 27 2007 - 03:37 AM

Quote:
I wonder if they could still start in January and work overtime to get the season finished in time to air on schedule.

Would you really want this? When writing is weak, many here are quick to point it out and we'd hear all about how it wasn't a good season of "24" because it was written under the gun, rushed, or written by overworked writers. Personally, I'm all about the quality.

I don't know exactly how these things work, so it's possible the writers are still working on the show but just won't deliver anything until they have a contract. I know that would differ by show. But if they truly just checked out and then checked back in after getting a contract, there's no way I'd want them trying to do double the work in the same amount of time. A given season of "24" is already a pretty exhausting experience by all accounts.
Studios, caption your internet streams.

#35 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts

Posted March 06 2008 - 07:07 AM

According to The Hollywood Reporter, they're making a two hour prequel movie to Season Seven to air in the fall.

'24' prequel set

#36 of 876 NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,583 posts

Posted May 15 2008 - 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
According to The Hollywood Reporter, they're making a two hour prequel movie to Season Seven to air in the fall.

'24' prequel set
And that was also announced this week at the upfront presentations. Fox's fall schedule sets up for '24' and 'Idol' - USATODAY.com

I'll put the quote from the article in spoilers just to be safe ...
Quote:
Preparing for the return of 24 next January after a 20-month break, the network in November will air a two-hour, stand-alone 24 movie. Shot partly in South Africa, it takes place on Inauguration Day for the next U.S. president (Cherry Jones), setting up the show's seventh season

Neil

#37 of 876 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,439 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 10:35 AM

Over at TVGuide.com, Kiefer Sutherland said that
Quote:
...the time [off due to the writer's strike] allowed us to do something that has never been done before — create a map of the entire season before we started shooting.
After the very uneven and disjointed S6, I think having a plan for the entire season is a very good idea and will hopefully get the show back on track.

And that prequel movie is set to air on November 23.

24 Season 7 preview from Kiefer Sutherland - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

#38 of 876 Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted May 17 2008 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
Over at TVGuide.com, Kiefer Sutherland said that After the very uneven and disjointed S6, I think having a plan for the entire season is a very good idea and will hopefully get the show back on track.

And that prequel movie is set to air on November 23.

24 Season 7 preview from Kiefer Sutherland - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I hope it helps, because last season was horrible. Nowhere to go but up as far as I'm concerned.

#39 of 876 Louis C

Louis C

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_H
I hope it helps, because last season was horrible. Nowhere to go but up as far as I'm concerned.

I hope you're right, but they said that after S7 of "The X-files"...S8 was so-so, but then came the infamous S9.

Here's to hoping you are right about S7 of 24 (sigh).

#40 of 876 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted May 20 2008 - 02:41 PM

Well, I want to say the show couldn't possibly get any worse than Season 6, but I don't want to jinx it. After 5 unbelievably good seasons I don't know what the hell happened last year, but it's very promising that they've outlined everything in advance and if past history is any indicator those writers are more than capable of coming up with an amazing new season. I'm already excited about S7 and it's several still months away. Posted Image

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow