Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official JUMPER Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted October 10 2007 - 02:43 PM

Saw an add for some trailer for a movie called Jumper. Never heard of it so I checked it out.
http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

Wow! Not bad. Interesting premise. It stars Samuel L. Jackson and Hayden Christensen and is directed by Doug Liman. It's adapted from a Novel by Stephen Gould. Not sure if I'll go see it in the theater but I'll definitely rent on DVD.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted October 11 2007 - 08:00 AM

The trailer looked awesome! I've already ordered the book, which has pretty positive reviews.

Hayden and Samuel L. together again. Let's hope the acting isn't as wooden this time. Posted Image

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   norrisMc

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted October 17 2007 - 02:45 AM

Also stars Rachel Bilson, Jamie Bell and Diane Lane.
Norris

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   Chris Dias

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted October 18 2007 - 06:12 AM

I got a note in the mail a while back saying that they would be filming this in my area and parking might get screwed up. I looked into it back then and I've been interested in it ever since.

Chris

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted February 13 2008 - 10:34 PM

This may be based on a novel but everything about it looks like it was conceived by a "this is what a movie should be" type of producer who emphasizes special effects first then story last.

Unless it gets really good reviews, I'll be skipping it.
Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,909 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted February 14 2008 - 05:44 AM

A lot of novels are written today with the hopes of being picked up as a movie. It's becoming obvious with the pacing, emphasis on set pieces, and lack of characterization.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted February 14 2008 - 07:37 AM

I've liked everything Doug Liman has done so I'll definitely be seeing this, though I don't know if I will make it to the theater.

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Joe Kamsan

Joe Kamsan

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted February 14 2008 - 02:49 PM

Wow. This film is being savaged right now. 39 score on Metacritic and 13% on Rottentomatoes.

I'll pass.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,096 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 16 2008 - 11:45 PM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Jumper". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Jumper" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   norrisMc

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted February 17 2008 - 10:58 AM

They definately should have fleshed out the characters more...

Jamie Bell, Sam Jackson and Diane Lane are all strong actors who should have strong characters. Lane was criminally underused.
Norris

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   norrisMc

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator

• 212 posts

Posted February 18 2008 - 12:16 AM

Regardless of what people think of it... it's done pretty impressive box office this weekend (both in the U.S. and abroad).
Norris

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted June 09 2008 - 06:42 AM

I heard that their were deleted scenes that help flesh out the movie. Does anyone know if the dvd has them? And if they are any good?
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Steve_Pannell

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor

• 595 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, MS

Posted June 19 2008 - 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd s
I heard that their were deleted scenes that help flesh out the movie. Does anyone know if the dvd has them? And if they are any good?

I rented this yesterday. It is the single disc (2-sided) [the widescreen is on side B!] There were no deleted scenes on the widescreen side but the menu says that there are more special features on the other side. I'll check it out tonight.

I guess I can put the POS - oops! - I mean P&S side as long as I'm not forced to watch the movie. Posted Image

#14 of 14 ONLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,683 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 19 2008 - 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Pannell
I rented this yesterday. It is the single disc (2-sided) [the widescreen is on side B!] There were no deleted scenes on the widescreen side but the menu says that there are more special features on the other side. I'll check it out tonight.

I guess I can put the POS - oops! - I mean P&S side as long as I'm not forced to watch the movie. Posted Image
There are no deleted scenes on either side of the single-disc version. I assume they were reserved for the 2-disc set.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

Forum Nav Content I Follow