What's new

*** Official JUMPER Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Saw an add for some trailer for a movie called Jumper. Never heard of it so I checked it out.
http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

Wow! Not bad. Interesting premise. It stars Samuel L. Jackson and Hayden Christensen and is directed by Doug Liman. It's adapted from a Novel by Stephen Gould. Not sure if I'll go see it in the theater but I'll definitely rent on DVD.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
The trailer looked awesome! I've already ordered the book, which has pretty positive reviews.

Hayden and Samuel L. together again. Let's hope the acting isn't as wooden this time. :)

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I got a note in the mail a while back saying that they would be filming this in my area and parking might get screwed up. I looked into it back then and I've been interested in it ever since.

Chris

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
This may be based on a novel but everything about it looks like it was conceived by a "this is what a movie should be" type of producer who emphasizes special effects first then story last.

Unless it gets really good reviews, I'll be skipping it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A lot of novels are written today with the hopes of being picked up as a movie. It's becoming obvious with the pacing, emphasis on set pieces, and lack of characterization.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I've liked everything Doug Liman has done so I'll definitely be seeing this, though I don't know if I will make it to the theater.

Joe Kamsan

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. This film is being savaged right now. 39 score on Metacritic and 13% on Rottentomatoes.

I'll pass.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Jumper". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Jumper" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
They definately should have fleshed out the characters more...

Jamie Bell, Sam Jackson and Diane Lane are all strong actors who should have strong characters. Lane was criminally underused.

norrisMc

Stunt Coordinator
Regardless of what people think of it... it's done pretty impressive box office this weekend (both in the U.S. and abroad).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I heard that their were deleted scenes that help flesh out the movie. Does anyone know if the dvd has them? And if they are any good?

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve

I rented this yesterday. It is the single disc (2-sided) [the widescreen is on side B!] There were no deleted scenes on the widescreen side but the menu says that there are more special features on the other side. I'll check it out tonight.

I guess I can put the POS - oops! - I mean P&S side as long as I'm not forced to watch the movie. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There are no deleted scenes on either side of the single-disc version. I assume they were reserved for the 2-disc set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks