Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Photo / file renaming tools

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster

Second Unit

• 450 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 04:07 AM

When I go on group motorcycle rides, at the end of the ride, I collect everyone's pictures via my Zen's CF adapter. I put them all together and burn them to a disc and give them to everyone.

This may seem a bit AR, but I really want to have the pictures in chronologial order. Yes, I can use the "Picture Taken on Date" arrangement to do this, but I would like to then rename the pictures in a sequential order, so they remain chronological when opened in the more common "Name" arrangement, after I give the discs to everyone else.

Is there a simple tool for doing this? I know I can manually rename every single picture, but what a pain in the ass.

Thanks!

Buzz
Look up!  Scream in terror!  Get smooshed!  Fear me, for I am PARTYZILLA!

facebook.com/getthebuzz  facebook.com/partyzilla

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,525 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 04:19 AM

There's a free program that I think can do this it's called Irfanview.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Tekara

Tekara

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted September 07 2007 - 01:34 PM

I personally use CKrename which is free and has the ability to rename files and apply a new sequence.
"Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous
"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 02:31 AM

Have a look at Breeze Browser Pro. It's a really good photo browser with batch functions like renaming (including renaming based on EXIF data).

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster

Second Unit

• 450 posts

Posted September 08 2007 - 03:25 PM

Thanks so much, guys! I knew I could count on you all. Posted Image
Look up!  Scream in terror!  Get smooshed!  Fear me, for I am PARTYZILLA!

facebook.com/getthebuzz  facebook.com/partyzilla

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter

• 1,529 posts

Posted September 10 2007 - 08:55 AM

This one is really good. You can pull some amazing stuff off with this when it comes to mass renaming. Not the easiest or prettiest program, but it's worked marvels for me on occasion.

http://www.1-4a.com/rename/
"If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
"Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area." -- "BlackAdder 4"