Photo / file renaming tools

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Buzz Foster, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster Second Unit

When I go on group motorcycle rides, at the end of the ride, I collect everyone's pictures via my Zen's CF adapter. I put them all together and burn them to a disc and give them to everyone.

This may seem a bit AR, but I really want to have the pictures in chronologial order. Yes, I can use the "Picture Taken on Date" arrangement to do this, but I would like to then rename the pictures in a sequential order, so they remain chronological when opened in the more common "Name" arrangement, after I give the discs to everyone else.

Is there a simple tool for doing this? I know I can manually rename every single picture, but what a pain in the ass.

Thanks!

Buzz

2. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

There's a free program that I think can do this it's called Irfanview.

3. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

I personally use CKrename which is free and has the ability to rename files and apply a new sequence.

4. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

Have a look at Breeze Browser Pro. It's a really good photo browser with batch functions like renaming (including renaming based on EXIF data).

5. Buzz Foster

Buzz Foster Second Unit

Thanks so much, guys! I knew I could count on you all. [​IMG]

6. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

This one is really good. You can pull some amazing stuff off with this when it comes to mass renaming. Not the easiest or prettiest program, but it's worked marvels for me on occasion.

http://www.1-4a.com/rename/