Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV "Small Wonder"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   jamesGA

jamesGA

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted August 26 2007 - 11:19 AM

I was told once Amazon.com put up a section for a tv show, it meant that there was a strong possiblity of it coming out.

Hopefully this is true. ive heard nothing at all on this show, hopefully some1 on this board have some insight.

I just remember wanting my own robot so bad as a kid. Every show with a robot had me glued to the TV like a child trapped in Dinsney Land.

There is no secret of the cult following for this show, so I can only hope something is in the works.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,309 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 26 2007 - 01:35 PM

Most shows have Amazon.com pages where you can sign up to be notified when they are coming out. It has no bearing on the release.

Unfortunately, Fox owns this show, and anything which predates "The Simpsons" is like daylight and Dracula to them. They could always pawn it off on Anchor Bay, who did Doogie Howser, M.D.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Screenwriter

• 2,417 posts

Posted August 26 2007 - 05:22 PM

I would like to see this on dvd as well.
At last my body is reunited with my soul which was always feminine.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   jamesGA

jamesGA

Agent

• 35 posts

Posted August 28 2007 - 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
Most shows have Amazon.com pages where you can sign up to be notified when they are coming out. It has no bearing on the release.

Unfortunately, Fox owns this show, and anything which predates "The Simpsons" is like daylight and Dracula to them. They could always pawn it off on Anchor Bay, who did Doogie Howser, M.D.

Thanks for the info, hopefully they reconsider.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   seanOhara

seanOhara

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 03:53 AM

This was a horrible show, but I'd buy the DVDs if they had extras with the cast and crew trying to justify what they did.
My Blog
Les Miserables Volume 1 with my reading of "Four and Four"
Librivox Short Story Collection 34 with my reading of Jack London's "War"

#6 of 10 ONLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,322 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted August 29 2007 - 05:05 AM

This show seems to have an odd cult following and I used to watch it back in the day... I think I youtubed an episode and it really felt like it lacked something but I can still see it being released it would sale but not huge numbers maybe it is something BCI Ecplise or Shout Factory can release.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanOhara
This was a horrible show, but I'd buy the DVDs if they had extras with the cast and crew trying to justify what they did.

It was a low-budget syndicated sit-com,what do you expect Posted Image

I think this show was a 'guilty pleasure' for alot of people. Posted Image

Amazing it lasted for 4 years.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted August 29 2007 - 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger
This show seems to have an odd cult following

People love it because it's arguably the worst sit-com ever. What's not to love about that? Posted Image
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   paul_austin

paul_austin

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted August 31 2007 - 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanOhara

lol...you've got a point here
"My Hovercraft is Full of Eels"

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted September 14 2007 - 08:31 PM

Small Wonder is currently ranked among the top 50 unreleased shows at TVShowsOnDVD.com, coming in at 47th. It's overall rank at the site is 165th, which is higher than several other sitcoms from the 1980s, including, Charles in Charge, Diff'rent Strokes, Head of the Class, Mr. Belvedere, Punky Brewster, Out of This World, Square Pegs, Webster and more.

Someone needs to release this...

Definitely e-mail Shout! Factory and Anchor Bay, requesting that they release Small Wonder on DVD. You could e-mail Fox as well, but I'd really rather not see them put it out. (we're more likely to get all 4 seasons from a smaller company)

Shout! Factory: info@shoutfactory.com

Anchor Bay (now Starz): DL-TRY-TVonDVD@Starz.com

Fox: FoxDrop@4icc.com

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow