What's new

Check it out - foxclassics.com! (1 Viewer)

RobertGr

Second Unit
Wow Fox has just launched their new website dedicated to their Film Classics and dedicated to bring us, the Classic DVD collector a wonderful resource to check out what's new and what is on the horizon! Bravo Fox!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Blimey:

With a Song in My Heart
(dir. Walter Lang, USA 1952)
Bloodhounds of Broadway
(dir. Harmon Jones, USA 1952)
The Girl Next Door
(dir. Richard Sale, USA 1953)
The Day the Earth Stood Still Special Edition
(dir. Robert Wise, USA 1951)
An Affair to Remember 50th Anniversary Edition
(dir. Leo McCary, USA 1957)
The Robe Special Edition
(dir. Henry Koster, USA 1952)
The Lodger
(dir. John Brahm, USA 1944)
The Undying Monster
(dir. John Brahm, USA 1942)
Hangover Square
(dir. John Brahm, USA 1945)
Daisy Kenyon
(dir. Otto Preminger, USA 1947)
Dangerous Crossing
(dir. Joseph Newman, USA 1953)
Black Widow
(dir. Nunnally Johnson, USA 1954)
Boomerang!
(dir. Elia Kazan, USA 1947)
Charlie Chan Vol 4
(starring Sidney Toler)
Ford at Fox

Fox Film Noir not dead, Ford box confirmed. Wowza!

ted:r

Second Unit
This does seem like very positive news indeed. Next step, of course: release dates.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Great news!
  1. Charlie Chan Vol 4
  2. Ford at Fox
Definitely wanted to believe that both of these were in the works and it's great to see this finally listed!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks RobertGr for alerting us to this!

It's great that Fox is giving their classic releases their time in the spotlight. Interesting that Boomerang is apparently back on the schedule. I hope it works out. The DVD that Fox put together on this is very good and the movie is quite captivating in my opinion.

Mike*HTF - Chan Vol 4 should be a great set. Fox is continuing to fund special features for this series which should bring some good surprises. Vol 4 will also mark the home video debut of "Charlie Chan at Treasure Island", considered by some to the best in the series. It's been reported on one of the newsgroups that it was not released on VHS because the then management team at Fox Home Video wouldn't pay a fairly nominal fee to clear the title music ("San Francisco") because it was owned by a another studio. If Fox can get this out by year's end then the series should be wrapped up by the end of '08.

Steve

RobertGr

Second Unit
Hi Steve!

My pleasure on the heads up on foxclassics.com! Let me thank you on the rave on "Boomerang," I have never seen the film but knowing your excellent taste in movies has made me really want to purchase the dvd the minute it is available! The new Fox site totally rocks and my gut feeling is it is going to be even better as they add more content. knowing the team at Fox Video and the great work they are doing really makes this new site something to really watch! They also seem to be truly taking note of their customers, your dedication to trying to get the Fox Chans released for instance resulted in these gems being released!

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Perhaps we'll finally see THE GUNFIGHTER, which has to be one of the greatest movies not yet on DVD.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve...O
Thought you'd chime in on the Chans :)
I'm really looking forward to them even though I'm a bigger Oland fan than Toler!

Charles H

Screenwriter
Will this be (I hope) an updated version of BOOMERANG that will explain the "legal" (?) reasons why BOOMERANG has been been bumped twice--on vhs and dvd--on homevideo? This mystery--if addressed on a documentary--as to why a 60 year old film based on an 80 year old trial remains so provocative that it has been pulled within a week of distribution would be as compelling as bthe film itself. Does Eddie Mueller know the answer?

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
I'm sure it will be the exact same disc that's sitting on my shelf right now. Fox has got thousands of copies sitting in a warehouse right now that I imagine they'd like to start unloading.

Charles H

Screenwriter
You gotta love Fox! The Fox Horror Collection streeting on 10/9 is really the John (HOT RODS TO HELL) Brahm Collection and according to Movies Unlimited, it's loaded with commentaries, featurettes, radio adaptations, galleries, etc. Except for THE LODGER and HANGOVER SQUARE, his film work was erratic but he did terrific tv work on "Alfred Hitchcock Presentd," "Twilight Zone," "Naked City," etc.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
And Fox continues as the number one studio when it comes to "never available on home video" titles releases.
With a Song in My Heart , one of my favorite musicals, starring the great Susan Hayward.
The Girl Next Door - I would never expect that one on dvd ever!! Great surprise. This is really good to see more Dan Dailey and June Haver (in her last picture) on dvd.
Bloodhounds of Broadway is another one that came really as a surprise. And Mitzy Gaynor is in it!
It seems the new edition of The Robe will be the restored one, that was been discussed earlier in this forum. Of course I'll get it.
Daisy Knenyon and Black Widow are on the top of my wish list, and Dangerous Crossing will also be a must buy. All of them for the first time on home video.
The same for the horror flicks (Hangover Square and The Lodger very much antecipated).
I'll continue with my Chan Collection
as for the John Ford movies, I really hope I can finally scratch Judge Priest, Wee Willie Wink, Four Men and a Prayer and Tobacco Road from my most wanted dvds list.
Thanks Fox!!! And keep them coming!!

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Hopefully they use this webpage to survey what classics fans want released.

I wonder if the new edition of The Robe will be from a new restoration.

Yes, great news that even more treasures are finally being released from Fox, BUT it's a mixed blessing.

Don't forget they have had some spectacular failures recently on really major films. Technicolor classics with really bad color transfers like THE GANG'S ALL HERE, BLOOD & SAND and THE BLACK ROSE are virtually unwatchable. Many titles with non original sound mixes that are distorted or poor quality. Let's not forget how spectacularly wrong they were about the TODD-AO version of OKLAHOMA and the recent reissue of THE SOUND OF MUSIC and ALL THAT JAZZ leave a lot to be desired.

We've been waiting a long time for some of these titles so PLEASE PLEASE get it right when you finally set them free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks