Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

From Beyond, The Burning in Sept.!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   scarabus

scarabus

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 03:19 AM

Good news from Fangoria! May 25: DVD update: FROM BEYOND, BURNING, more Fango has learned that MGM Home Entertainment has a whole batch of horror titles coming on DVD September 11 for the Halloween season, among them two of the year’s most eagerly awaited restorations/special editions. One is the director’s cut of Stuart Gordon’s FROM BEYOND that premiered last year on the high-definition channel Monsters HD (see our previous report here), with a Gordon commentary and other extras to be announced. The other is the uncut version of the 1981 slasher film THE BURNING, an early credit for Miramax’s Harvey and Bob Weinstein as well as actors Jason Alexander, Holly Hunter, Fisher Stevens et al. That movie will be presented in a remastered hi-def widescreen transfer with all of Tom Savini’s gory FX intact, accompanied by commentary by director Tony Maylam and a featurette including a Savini interview and behind-the-scenes footage of his gory handiwork. Also on the slate are the new RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD disc, with a cast/zombie commentary, that we first told you about here, a no-frills release of William Wesley’s SCARECROWS and many more. Look for more details on this site very soon! —Michael Gingold Later

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 04:10 AM

From Beyond FINALLY!!!!!

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   captainjoe

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 11:24 AM

It's going to be a good halloween this yearPosted Image

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 12:04 PM

My pineal gland is vibrating with happiness!

And I finally get to see The Burning as well? Posted Image
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Jim_K

Jim_K

Executive Producer

• 10,090 posts

Posted May 29 2007 - 11:49 PM

Good to see that From Beyond is getting a proper release. Watched the DC on Monsters HD a few months ago so that pretty much spoiled my desire to buy it on SD. I wonder if MGM has more trick or treats planned for Oct, hopefully a Midnite Movie double feature of Conqueror Worm and Burn Witch Burn.
Death before Streaming!

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Chuck Pennington

Chuck Pennington

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted May 30 2007 - 02:18 AM

Heck, BURN WITCH BURN is already available with an excellent anamorphic transfer under its original title NIGHT OF THE EAGLE in the UK. As good as the Image Laserdisc was, the UK DVD release bests it in every way quality-wise.

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Matt Harrison

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted July 14 2007 - 09:09 PM

Any update, pre orders, cover art etc for The Burning yet?

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown

Second Unit

• 396 posts

Posted July 14 2007 - 11:54 PM

This is good news. A definite addition!!
My DVD Collection

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted July 15 2007 - 01:49 AM

Yes, it does, but the Laserdisc had an audio commentary by Richard Matheson that we'd all love to hear!

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Chuck Pennington

Chuck Pennington

Supporting Actor

• 865 posts

Posted July 15 2007 - 06:33 AM

His commentary wasn't that good and was quite sporadic - the last part of the film the track was silent. The UK anamorphic DVD is terrific, but I edited in the US opening and closing credits on mine on an alternate angle as a viewing option.

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted July 15 2007 - 07:19 AM

Not that good, eh? Oh, well. BTW, how did you manage to edit in the US credits? What kind of software are you using? Cheers!

Oh, one more thing: Are you aware that a SE of Night of the Demon (1957) will be released in the UK in a few months and will include the 1979 BBC TV version of Casting the Runes, which isn't listed at the IMDb. Have you ever seen it?

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted July 16 2007 - 04:36 AM

"Good to see that From Beyond is getting a proper release. Watched the DC on Monsters HD a few months ago so that pretty much spoiled my desire to buy it on SD." Ugh. I wish Monsters HD would come to my area. Off the top of your head, can you recall any of the differences of the DC?

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   mogwai

mogwai

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 08:17 AM

No word on specs yet, but DVDDrive-in.com has the cover art.

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Matt Harrison

Matt Harrison

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted July 22 2007 - 04:41 AM

I have seen the cover art and I am shocked. How can someone get paid for making such bad cover art? I know its the content on the disc that matters but that is some really shocking cover art. To be honest, I would love to meet the people who decide to make new cover art and not stick with much better original art and ask them why?

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Jacob McCraw

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator

• 242 posts

Posted September 24 2007 - 07:39 AM

I got both "From Beyond" and "The Burning". Both films hold up extremely well. The transfers are both great as well.