Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Improvement Season 6 Cut?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Nick_TV

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted May 17 2007 - 02:17 PM

I've watched the 1st disc and I believe at least some episodes are cut.

"I Was a Teenage Taylor" - I remember a scene with Larry on the Tool Time set selling Halloween props to Tim and Al. This scene is not on the DVD.

"Jill and Her Sisters" - I remember that the last scene with credits rolling featured many takes of Jill walking up to Tim in the sleeping bag, but Tim kept laughing. At one point, he spit his gum out. These outtakes are not at the end of this episode.

#2 of 8 Eric James

Eric James

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted May 18 2007 - 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_TV
I've watched the 1st disc and I believe at least some episodes are cut.

"I Was a Teenage Taylor" - I remember a scene with Larry on the Tool Time set selling Halloween props to Tim and Al. This scene is not on the DVD.

According to http://www.imdb.com/...ternateversions that scene was added in syndication.
I'll tell you when I've had enough!!!

#3 of 8 Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted May 20 2007 - 09:41 PM

I don't know about cuts, but there are many episodes on discs 2 and 3 that have frame rate issues, causing them to look very blurry. Is this just my set?

#4 of 8 Wezzo

Wezzo

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 12:57 AM

Shawn_Sm, the UltimateDisney DVD review mentions a similar problem - http://www.ultimated....-season6b.html

#5 of 8 Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted May 21 2007 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the info. This is disappointing, but hopefully Buena Vista will replace these as they did with Golden Girls season 7.

#6 of 8 Buddy I

Buddy I

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted May 23 2007 - 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_TV

"Jill and Her Sisters" - I remember that the last scene with credits rolling featured many takes of Jill walking up to Tim in the sleeping bag, but Tim kept laughing. At one point, he spit his gum out. These outtakes are not at the end of this episode.

Yes, I remember those outtakes and was wondering where they were, too. Maybe they're included in the blooper reel, which I haven't watched yet.
--Buddy--

#7 of 8 Tony S

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted June 20 2008 - 08:45 AM

So, has there been any word on replacement discs for these? Those affected episodes look horrid.

#8 of 8 Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted June 20 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S
So, has there been any word on replacement discs for these? Those affected episodes look horrid.

I spoke with a "technician" at Buena Vista and was told it was a "source material issue" because it was "such an old show that back then nobody knew they were going to release these things on home video." Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow