Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help needed: help me with identifying a song!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,563 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 12:03 AM

There was a song, probably released in the mid 80's, which I thought was called "Holiday" (or a close variation of that). I remember the song being really fun/upbeat and the video was made to look like 1950's postcards come to life. I was POSITIVE that 'til Tuesday was the artist, but searching iTunes and Napster revealved nothing. ...and before anyone suggests it, it is NOT "Vacation" by the Go-Go's! Thanks in advance!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher

Second Unit

• 342 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 02:53 AM

Holiday by Madonna...?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit

• 408 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 04:33 AM

Summer Holiday -- Cliff Richard. Probably not, but the title seems right. And it's a 60's tune

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 28 2007 - 08:11 AM

So female vocalist, and by holiday it was referring to summer holidays? Or to Christmas?
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer

• 10,114 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 29 2007 - 05:55 AM

You might be thinking of the song "Holiday Road" by Lindsey Buckingham (of Fleetwood Mac fame), which was used as the theme song for National Lampoon's Vacation. It played over the opening credits, which were made to look like antique postcards.

Then again, Lindsey Buckingham is definitely not a female singer. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 12,087 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted January 30 2007 - 02:51 PM

I have no idea what the video looks like, but there's also "Holiday" by The Other Ones. It fits the description and time period. As I recall, it was a minor hit, following up their other minor hit, "We Are What We Are."

I should dig that out...I think I have it on vinyl. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,563 posts

Posted January 30 2007 - 03:05 PM

MalcolmR: YOU F****** ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I was looking for!!!! YouTube has a "homemade" video (user: Jeffrey1974) but at least I was able to hear the song...I LOVED that song! Now if I can only find a legal download for it! ...and thanks for reminding me about "We Are What We Are" by them also. I was pretty sure that "Holiday" was a follow-up single to a bigger hit.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 12,087 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted January 30 2007 - 03:30 PM

Glad to help. Posted Image It's funny, I was just thinking about that album a night or two ago. I've been listening to a lot of 80's music lately and was thinking I should dig out some of the old vinyl.

To refresh my memory I looked it up in my Billboard Book of Top 40 hits. "Holiday" was actually their biggest, and only, Top 40 hit. It peaked at #29.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,563 posts

Posted January 31 2007 - 10:18 AM

I did find it available for download. If you go to www.msn.co.uk, click on the "Music" link near the top of the page, then "Music Downloads" on the Music Home Page. I've been using them for a year or so and LOVE the selection of stuff available WAY before it is available here---since I love UK pop music!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users