What's new

Help needed: help me with identifying a song! (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
There was a song, probably released in the mid 80's, which I thought was called "Holiday" (or a close variation of that). I remember the song being really fun/upbeat and the video was made to look like 1950's postcards come to life. I was POSITIVE that 'til Tuesday was the artist, but searching iTunes and Napster revealved nothing. ...and before anyone suggests it, it is NOT "Vacation" by the Go-Go's! Thanks in advance!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
So female vocalist, and by holiday it was referring to summer holidays? Or to Christmas?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You might be thinking of the song "Holiday Road" by Lindsey Buckingham (of Fleetwood Mac fame), which was used as the theme song for National Lampoon's Vacation. It played over the opening credits, which were made to look like antique postcards.

Then again, Lindsey Buckingham is definitely not a female singer. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have no idea what the video looks like, but there's also "Holiday" by The Other Ones. It fits the description and time period. As I recall, it was a minor hit, following up their other minor hit, "We Are What We Are."

I should dig that out...I think I have it on vinyl. :D

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
MalcolmR:

YOU F****** ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I was looking for!!!! YouTube has a "homemade" video (user: Jeffrey1974) but at least I was able to hear the song...I LOVED that song! Now if I can only find a legal download for it! ...and thanks for reminding me about "We Are What We Are" by them also. I was pretty sure that "Holiday" was a follow-up single to a bigger hit.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad to help. :) It's funny, I was just thinking about that album a night or two ago. I've been listening to a lot of 80's music lately and was thinking I should dig out some of the old vinyl.

To refresh my memory I looked it up in my Billboard Book of Top 40 hits. "Holiday" was actually their biggest, and only, Top 40 hit. It peaked at #29.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I did find it available for download. If you go to www.msn.co.uk, click on the "Music" link near the top of the page, then "Music Downloads" on the Music Home Page. I've been using them for a year or so and LOVE the selection of stuff available WAY before it is available here---since I love UK pop music!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks