Help needed: help me with identifying a song!

Discussion in 'Music' started by EricSchulz, Jan 28, 2007.

1. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

There was a song, probably released in the mid 80's, which I thought was called "Holiday" (or a close variation of that). I remember the song being really fun/upbeat and the video was made to look like 1950's postcards come to life. I was POSITIVE that 'til Tuesday was the artist, but searching iTunes and Napster revealved nothing. ...and before anyone suggests it, it is NOT "Vacation" by the Go-Go's! Thanks in advance!

2. Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher Second Unit

Holiday by Madonna...?

3. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Summer Holiday -- Cliff Richard. Probably not, but the title seems right. And it's a 60's tune

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

So female vocalist, and by holiday it was referring to summer holidays? Or to Christmas?

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    You might be thinking of the song "Holiday Road" by Lindsey Buckingham (of Fleetwood Mac fame), which was used as the theme song for National Lampoon's Vacation. It played over the opening credits, which were made to look like antique postcards.

Then again, Lindsey Buckingham is definitely not a female singer. [​IMG]

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I have no idea what the video looks like, but there's also "Holiday" by The Other Ones. It fits the description and time period. As I recall, it was a minor hit, following up their other minor hit, "We Are What We Are."

I should dig that out...I think I have it on vinyl. [​IMG]

7. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

MalcolmR:

YOU F****** ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I was looking for!!!! YouTube has a "homemade" video (user: Jeffrey1974) but at least I was able to hear the song...I LOVED that song! Now if I can only find a legal download for it! ...and thanks for reminding me about "We Are What We Are" by them also. I was pretty sure that "Holiday" was a follow-up single to a bigger hit.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Glad to help. [​IMG] It's funny, I was just thinking about that album a night or two ago. I've been listening to a lot of 80's music lately and was thinking I should dig out some of the old vinyl.

To refresh my memory I looked it up in my Billboard Book of Top 40 hits. "Holiday" was actually their biggest, and only, Top 40 hit. It peaked at #29.

9. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I did find it available for download. If you go to www.msn.co.uk, click on the "Music" link near the top of the page, then "Music Downloads" on the Music Home Page. I've been using them for a year or so and LOVE the selection of stuff available WAY before it is available here---since I love UK pop music!