What's new

Brady Bunch: The Complete Series coming (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No details, but oh-so-horrible stunt packaging is viewable at TVShows. March 27.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6797

Edit: I forgot, with the new HTF caching system, I think I can post the image without harming TVShow's bandwidth. Gord, if that's wrong, let me know and I'll edit this out:

When I look at the edit box, that image reads "https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/7/7a/htf_imgcache_4843.jpeg," so I think it's okay.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I believe I would feel very confident in nominating this right now as the worst DVD packaging for 2007. Question--is that the Brady's carpet or the astroturf lawn?

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I know it looks like some sort of shag carpet. Even if it isn't a material its a very ugly color. And take off all the girly colors. Its a guys set too.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
True, however the trouble with opting for the retro look is that it becomes so easy to overdo it... This is done in the style of the "Brady Bunch Movie", not the original series, IMO.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I just thought of something. It may be one of those MUnsters Season 2 type boxes. Where you slide the set out of the bottom or the top.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I think it would be a really groovy limited collector's edition if the outer box was made from real sections of the actual shag carpeting (or astro turf) used in the production of The Brady Bunch series. :)

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
That would be kind of cool, b ut it might smell from being so old. They probably threw the carpet away years ago anyway.

Scott+W

Agent
So once again there are extras for those who waited and didn't support the series as it was being released season by season? Doesn't sound fair.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff

Paramount just dropped several notches in my book. Not only are they providing a bonus disc with the complete Brady set, but they are also providing a bonus disc of episodes with The Odd Couple season 1 which was not available to fans in their Time-Life release! How insulting is that?!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I always think of it as they're just trying to lure the last remaining purchasers who've held out. It's not about screwing those who bought season by season, but just trying to eek some more sales after the seasons plateau.

It would be nice if they made the bonus disc available to people who could provide proof of purchase tabs for all five seasons though.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ok, I'm really getting pretty sick of this whole situation. I've been screwed with MASH and now the Brady Bunch. What is the point of buying these shows one season at a time if in the end complete series box sets are going to be released? And with extra stuff that is not included with the season by season sets? I'm startign to get pretty honked off here.

This is a Damned if you do and Damned if you don't situation. If you don't support the individual season releases, then the studio won't release the rest of the series. If you do buy every season of a series, then the studio releases a complete set with stuff not on the individual season sets. It's just a no win situation and I'm tired of it. I didn't double dip with MASH, but the Brady Bunch is one of my all time favorites, and I'm tempted to get this set but it just makes me a little angry to have to purchase it all over again just to get the extra stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks