What's new

DVD Review Peter Gunn: The Complete Series DVD Review (1 Viewer)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I have previously bought the abridged sets and will now upgrade to this definitive set, thanks for the review.

Richard, in his review, refers to other versions of the Peter Gunn theme. The best I have heard recently is that performed by Jeff Beck and his backing band on his excellent Rock n Roll Party Blu-ray. He also performs what I think is the definitive version of Apache.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Keith Cobby said:
I have previously bought the abridged sets and will now upgrade to this definitive set, thanks for the review.

Richard, in his review, refers to other versions of the Peter Gunn theme. The best I have heard recently is that performed by Jeff Beck and his backing band on his excellent Rock n Roll Party Blu-ray. He also performs what I think is the definitive version of Apache.
Thanks for the heads-up. I found a few live performances of the tune by Jeff Beck on YouTube. And I agree that his version of Apache is terrific.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I bought the complete Peter Gunn for a good price at Amazon a little over a month ago, and I am ripping the episodes to MKV for my media server, but every disk has one episode that produces errors and won't rip intact. Has anyone else run into this? Unfortunately, since it took me a while to get though the set, my return window is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks