Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America... - Due 3/6/07

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor

• 883 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 05:42 AM

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan for release on March 6th.

The year's most talked about (and most litigated against) comedy stars Sacha Baron Cohen as the titular Kazakhstani journalist who wreaks his brand of havoc on America. Wa-wa-wee-wa! The DVD arrives with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Bonus materials will include five extended/deleted scenes, a montage of never-before-seen deleted footage, publicity tour footage and trailers. Retail is $29.98.

#2 of 12 captainjoe

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 11:50 AM

Glad it's being released without any cuts. Those whinners are responsible for their own stupidity.Posted Image

#3 of 12 Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 12:56 PM

Only 5 deleted scenes?

There was talk that they were going to turn the deleted footage into another HBO series, they had so much.

#4 of 12 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,546 posts

Posted January 09 2007 - 04:41 PM

Hoping for a BD release as well. Posted Image

#5 of 12 MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

• 597 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin
Only 5 deleted scenes?

There was talk that they were going to turn the deleted footage into another HBO series, they had so much.

This is Fox. The odds of a 2 disc set down the road are so high, I probably won't even pick up this first edition.

#6 of 12 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,855 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 08:51 AM

Its a conspiracy! Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#7 of 12 ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted January 10 2007 - 10:35 AM

I could barely understand SBC in the trailer for this, so I decided to skip the theatrical release and wait for the DVD so that I could use the subtitles to understand what he is saying. I'm hearing-impaired and it's hard enough understanding a normal accent sometimes, let alone a heavy Eastern European accent.

#8 of 12 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted January 12 2007 - 06:50 AM

easily the most offensive movie I have ever seen.

Yet in the context of the movie, it really worked well.
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#9 of 12 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted March 06 2007 - 02:12 PM

This question is for any Canadians who purchased the Future Shop exclusive version with the postcards included: How many postcards were in your copy? I only had one in mine and would like to know if there should be more included. Considering that the sticker on the case mentions 'Exclusive Borat Postcards' in plural, I'm thinking that there should be more than one in the case.

EDIT- Nevermind. I checked the website which mentions that there's supposed to be 3 postcards included. *sigh* Guess I'll have to go back and get them tomorrow.
Recently watched- After Earth, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo(2009), The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug 3D, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey EE 3D, Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Beauty and The Beast: Season 3

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3

"If this is to end in fire...then we will all burn together."

#10 of 12 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted March 06 2007 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar_merkx
easily the most offensive movie I have ever seen.

Yet in the context of the movie, it really worked well.

Absolutely. It doesn't get much more non-PC than this, but damn I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Now I see why everyone said it was one of the funniest movies in recent years. A very big Posted Image from me.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#11 of 12 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,748 posts

Posted March 06 2007 - 04:58 PM

The "propaganda" section in the bonus materials was very good, but I wished it had been longer. There was much more material from Washington DC that could have been included.

#12 of 12 Darko

Darko

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted March 06 2007 - 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent M
Absolutely. It doesn't get much more non-PC than this, but damn I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Now I see why everyone said it was one of the funniest movies in recent years. A very big Posted Image from me.
I wholeheartedly agree. Hell, even my wife laughed, and she doesn't usually go for movies of this nature.
Regards
Darko

If peanut butter cookies are made from peanut butter, what are Girl Scout cookies made from?

Forum Nav Content I Follow