What's new

BATHROOM AUDIO: WHAT ARE YOU USING? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi everyone...I have had an ancient Sanyo boombox in my bathroom for about 25 years... and it is starting to have an intermittent outage that shuts it down completely...what are you folks using in your bathrooms for sound? I am looking for something that is not very deep, but can be as much as 12 inches tall and 14 inches wide, and not too sensitive to steam.

Thanks In Advance

Happy New Year

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Install some speakers, run wire to your reciever, and set the speakers as your front "B" speakers. Or use "zone 2." Either way works great, and only requires speakers to buy, zero equipment....

Also makes for a fun weekend project, and if you're handy, you can build them into your shower, get some waterproof casing around them, and walah! Another great reason to shower! (Heck, put on whatever the misses is currently listening too and maybe you'll get a buddy in there...:) :) :) )

mylan

Screenwriter
I am using a Yamaha RXV-659 receiver as a hub for whole house sound and a simple volume control and RBH aluminum driver in-ceiling speakers. I do have to go into the greatroom to change sources but aside from that, I would just buy another boombox. That one has certainly pulled bathroom duty long enough!:D

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just turn up my Outlaw 970 hooked up to a Bryston amp and my Snell speakers... :) The bathroom is just one room removed from my living room where my HT and stereo are.

Actually I have a vintage 1980's boombox in there right now that if I'm lazy I'll turn that on, or if I'm just listening to OTA FM stations...

Jay

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
To be honest, that is a MUCH better idea than some of the "hanging shower players" that I've seen advertised with ipod docks. Think about it, if you're using one of those devices, it's either in the shower, or near your sink, both places where moisture is very close by. With the tissue holder, unless you're a TERRIBLE aim (haha), you probably will never get any moisture near it...

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
We've got a mini system in our bedroom. I normally shower in our master bathroom so I just turn up the volume.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

Well, I can hear you from Boise over here in NJ, which is why we all need audio in the bathroom in the first place.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Jay

Jason=F

Grip
I'm using some outdoor Altec Lansing speakers hung on the wall hooked up to "B Speaker" on my spare receiver. A little overkill, what I need is a small LCD to watch ESPN while I shave and get ready... :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
15-20 min weekend showers ftw ;)

I use a Philips boombox with iPod + iTrip. I throw the iPod in a Ziplock baggie so I can control it in the shower.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I have a simple clock radio in the bathroom I use most. It's mostly used to listen to local stations.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi guys...I happend to stumble across a Sangean WR-2 digital table top radio for about $145 that looks pretty good...found it at Amazon.com

Happy New Year

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
oh for showers!! I get it.

I thought this thread was about muffling other sounds, in which I was going to suggest a trip to the hospital...

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Martin Logan Statements and a pair of Krell Master power amps through a Krell preamp. I'm using a Levinson CD player as my source. Damn does it sound good in there.

Actually I just turn up my bedroom system which is a pair of Onix x-ls monitors, original Rega Planet CD player, and a McIntosh 1900 receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks