What's new

Allison speakers (1 Viewer)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Anyone that has a dealer near them, might want to go and demo these speakers. I've had a pair of AL-115's for about 13-14 yrs., and I like them a lot! Everyone that's heard mine, commented how great they sounded.
The new version of mine, is the PB 8.2 speakers. I wish I could afford to buy 3 more, so all of mine would match, but, you know how that is..............

I've not heard the new ones. No dealer is nearby. If anyone near a dealer, could demo them, and do a review of them here, I'd appreciate it. Their site is here: http://www.allisonacoustics.com/

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Ed

I have been aware of Roy Allison for about 35 years. I am also a fan of the late Henry Kloss. I have owned AR 4, AR 2 aX, etc.,

These look very interesting. The one I really would like to get my hands on is the AR Model 3 Limited. They came out around 1992 and vanished, but received an outstanding review by Julian Hirsch. They are not the original AR-3, but have some design features that are similar to the new Allison One.

I also have had my eyes on the Snell Type B.

Happy Holidays

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
There is a store in my town that still has the old AL series on the display floor. I could look at the model numbers if anyone is interested.
JP

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I wish I could be interested, but I can't. If you're near there sometime, maybe get the model number, just for curiosity's sake? They don't carry the new ones? I would love to hear how the new ones sound.

mackie

Supporting Actor
Hey Ed!

I can't seem to stay in the same place for more than a few minutes. I need to get by yor place and hear those speakers. I'm sure they sound fantastic!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Hey Mackie.......
You lost? :) Good to see that you get around a little too.
Yes, you do need to come by, and check them out. When you gonna be in my area again? I'm thinking someone will want to do another get together, when Sniper gets home. He's wanting to meet everyone.
Hope married life is treating you well! Are you gaining any weight yet? :D

mackie

Supporting Actor
Fat and happy my friend!

I'd love to do another NC gathering. I just moved into a new house with dedicated HT, and I'm getting ready to put in a few acoustic panels. I'd love to show it off.

I'm hoping my traveling will slow down soon. The company I work for has about completed the start-up phase and we have key people in key positions around the state. I hope to stay home more now. Last time I was in your area, I got the Jacksonville at 10:00 p.m. and left by 3:00 p.m. the next day.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I have a pair of Allison 7 that are around 23 years old. The woofer surrounds finally rotted out and I replaced them with a pair of woofers from Parts Express. They sound really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks