-

Photo
- - - - -

Beverly Hills Cop 4 ??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#1 of 48 Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted December 20 2006 - 09:17 PM

I heard from someone else that supposedly Eddie Murphy said, if Stallone can make another ROCKY, then he is going to do another Beverly Hills Cop.

Does anyone know about this or if there is any truth to this?

#2 of 48 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 01:33 AM

I don't know about the Stallone line, but Murphy did say during his recent appearance on Inside the Actors' Studio that he is interested in reviving the character and working on story development.

M.
COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists

#3 of 48 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 01:40 AM

I'd be all for it if they provide a decent script that closes out this series better than BHC3 - man, that one was an unfunny mess.
Recently watched- Lost: Season 2, Dracula(1979), Lost: Season 1, True Grit(2010), Tales From The Crypt: Season 1, 300: Rise Of An Empire 3D, Noah, Sin City, Phantom Of The Paradise, 300, The Final Terror, Willow, The Bank Job, One Hour Photo, Gone Baby Gone, Horrible Bosses, Buried

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3, Lost: Season 3, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, The Walking Dead: Season 4

"Namaste...and good luck'."

#4 of 48 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 01:58 AM

Eddie Murphy has indeed said that he'll be returning as Axel for Beverly Hills Cop 4. Not sure when they plan to start shooting though.

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=17753

#5 of 48 Grant H

Grant H

Screenwriter

• 2,844 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 08:24 AM

Yes, there was a blurb in Entertainment Weekly as well, a couple weeks ago.
My midis bring all the Force to the yard; my midis are better than yours!

#6 of 48 Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 09:57 AM

There have been numerous attempts to get this made in the past several years. I sure hope that it does get here eventually before they all start getting old. I really hope Reinhold and Ashton return and it has more of a feel of the first two than the terrible third.

#7 of 48 Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,477 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted December 21 2006 - 10:33 AM

Well, with Rocky Balboa and Die Hard 4, it seems to be the in thing these days.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#8 of 48 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray H

Haha... that's true! It seems to be an 80s comeback. Arnold with Terminator 3, Stallone with both Rocky Balboa and Rambo IV, Bruce Willis with Die Hard 4 and now Eddie Murphy with Beverly Hills Cop 4. Even to an extent, Kurt Russell with Grindhouse.

#9 of 48 todd stone

todd stone

Screenwriter

• 1,768 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 10:46 PM

FINE WITH ME
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers, Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning, Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, In the halls of Valhalla,where the brave may live...

#10 of 48 Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted December 21 2006 - 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau
There have been numerous attempts to get this made in the past several years. I sure hope that it does get here eventually before they all start getting old. I really hope Reinhold and Ashton return and it has more of a feel of the first two than the terrible third.

I dont consider 3 terrible, but definitely down a notch from 1 & 2.

Besides Reinhold & Ashton, I'd like to see Ronny Cox in it as well.

Maybe Bogomil could still be Chief of Police. And they have to work an old case of Taggart & Rosewood's, so Taggart comes out of retirement.

#11 of 48 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted December 23 2006 - 10:12 PM

No Judge Reinhold, no sale.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#12 of 48 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 01:19 AM

Brett Ratner to direct with a summer 2010 release in mind.

Eddie Murphy back in 'Beverly Hills' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

#13 of 48 Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 01:30 AM

Funny, Rush Hour and Tucker were the first things I thought about when I read the thread. It's safe to say that the RH flicks would not exist without the BH flicks, so I suppose Ratner is a natural choice.

Me? I would have preferred the Mann treatment. Riskier but a lot more interesting...

Still gotta wonder what's next.

--
H

#14 of 48 Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,933 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray H
Don't forget Indiana Jones. I tell you one thing, after BHC 3, I was completely turned off by the notion of having a 4, my gut says not a good idea.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#15 of 48 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 01:58 AM

Ugh, Brett Ratner, the ultimate hack, directing Eddie Murphy who hasn't done anything worthwhile in over a decade. Sounds like a winning combination. Posted Image
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#16 of 48 Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent M
Ugh, Brett Ratner, the ultimate hack, directing Eddie Murphy who hasn't done anything worthwhile in over a decade. Sounds like a winning combination. Posted Image
I would think Murphy's excellent turn in Dreamgirls qualifies as "worthwhile." The AMPAS certainly thinks so, they nominated him for the Supporting Actor Award.

--
H

#17 of 48 Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 04:31 AM

Supposedly Paramount's impressed with what they've seen of NowhereLand, too. Although that's always been Murphy's frustrating M.O. - do something great, then destroy that goodwill with high-paying crap.

As for Ratner - he seems suited to Beverly Hills Cop 4. He's generally a guy who won't add anything in particular to a movie, but is competent enough at getting them done on time and budget. He mimics a house style well enough, too. Just the sort of guy you'd want on something like this if you're Paramount; he's not going to rock the boat or turn in a complete turd.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#18 of 48 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holadem
I would think Murphy's excellent turn in Dreamgirls qualifies as "worthwhile." The AMPAS certainly thinks so, they nominated him for the Supporting Actor Award.

--
H

I guess I should have specified that he hasn't done anything worthwhile "comedically". The Nutty Professor was probably the last funny Eddie Murphy film and I have no idea when that came out, but I'm pretty sure it was over 10 years ago.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#19 of 48 DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
As for Ratner - he seems suited to Beverly Hills Cop 4. He's generally a guy who won't add anything in particular to a movie, but is competent enough at getting them done on time and budget. He mimics a house style well enough, too. Just the sort of guy you'd want on something like this if you're Paramount; he's not going to rock the boat or turn in a complete turd.

I agree. The Rush Hour movies are basically of the same mold that made Beverly Hills Cop successful. Ratner knows how to combine action and comedy and just let his actors improvise as Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan did together. I think this film will lie on Eddie Murphy to improvise and be at the top of his game like he was in the first two Beverly Hills Cop films for it to succeed.

#20 of 48 John Dirk

John Dirk

Second Unit

• 412 posts

Posted May 29 2008 - 04:58 AM

I'm OK with it. As others have said, it seems to be the current trend. Eddie Murphy has turned in both atrocious and awesome work over the years. I hope this one doesn't fall into the latter category. Thanks to Redbox, it will only cost me a dollar to find out.

Since his recent, uh, "flirtation" with Tracy Edmonds he seems intent on cranking out films as fast as possible. Wonder why. Has anyone seen Meet Dave" yet? It's not scheduled for general release until July.

John
"The names Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me "Psycho."
Any of YOU guys call ME Francis, and I'll kill ya!"

My Home Theater
My BlogMy Travels

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow