Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

$50 Computer Speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   tagerrung

tagerrung

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted September 28 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hey guys, my friend is looking for some speakers anywhere between 50-80 dollars (80 would be pushing it), he says he'd prefer to have 5.1, but is fine with 2.1.....i figure he should just get a 2.1 since ive never heard of a decent suround system in that price range Hes not much of an audiophile and he wants it to be able to get loud...so i guess itd be better to get some loud, mid-quality speakers...he mainly uses them for music and movies....probably more for music

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor

• 784 posts

Posted October 02 2006 - 10:16 AM

This is probably not going to happen to your satisfaction in your particular budget range. For $70 on Newegg, you can get the Altec Lansing VS4221, which has been fairly decent when I've heard them at the Best Buy store near my house. These are probably your best bet, or at least they probably won't sound bad when pushed hard. This topic would have been best in the Home Theater PC area, or in the multimedia section of a computer enthusiasts' forum.
"It sounds like it's barfing out the bass." - Zach

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   GregC

GregC

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts

Posted October 08 2006 - 10:33 AM

Tell your friend to pony up $45 on EBay for the Cambridge Soundworks Soundworks computer speakers. Well reviewed 2.1 system. Just do a search on Soundworks then click on the Computer category to narrow the results. Won't do better in this price range.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,937 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted October 10 2006 - 05:17 AM

I nominate the Yamaha YST-MS50. See my review at the link in my signature. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt
My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews