What's new

Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines...HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just saw this over at highdef digest...

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/termi....html#Section3

Sorry, I got copy and paste happy.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

While not quite as good as the first 2, T3 is still rather fun and cool at times. Can't wait to own this one next week. :emoji_thumbsup:

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
So I can get Terminator, and T2 on Blu-Ray and then get T3 on HD-DVD, dumb. Why did they have to change production companies, why did Carolco have to die and then be annexed by Time Warner, why, why, why?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This is out next week? Oh my, gonna have to pick me up one. Even with no TrueHD it should still be one heck of an A/V HD ride.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'll be picking this one up next week for sure. A TrueHD track would have been nice though.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
While it will be great to have T3 on Bluray as well. The only question I have is what audio options will the Bluray version have over the HD-DVD version. I own this movie on SD-DVD which has a standard DD track. So I am not sure I want to rush out and buy T3 with a Dolby Digital Plus track. I dont see any reason to believe that audio track will be any better than the standard DD track on SD-DVD. Now if it at least had a Dolby True HD track I might have to buy the HD version. Now I am willing to bet that T3 will look stunning in HD but without a lossless surround track I have to decide if it would not be better to hold out for the Bluray version of T3 instead.

So many movies to buy and not enough cash

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Yes, I got an email but misread part of it. Will ship Sept. 27. Not arrive then. Sorry. Looks like they are a bit delayed with T3...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I think it is sad that they croped that scene. :frowning:

God forbid if they showed alittle breast shot in a rated R movie. As we all know they wouldn't dream of having sex, nudity and gore in a rated R movie. To me this screams of political correctness and the studio not having the guts to keep that scene the way it should have been. Also god forbid children not being able to watch Terminator 3 because of a tit shot. Children see violence and people comiting suicide on live news and as soon as a breast is involved all hell breaks loose. I bet thats why the studio croped that scene.

While I would have prefered it to have shown alittle t/a. I still dont' see that as a reason not to purchase the HD version of the movie. I also would have wanted to see a lossless audio track like Dolby True HD or DTS-HD for this HD release.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Order Date: September 21, 2006
Order #:
Recipient: anthony d
View or change order
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: October 4, 2006 - October 6, 2006

* 1 of: Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines [HD DVD]
* 1 of: Seabiscuit

still waiting

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Tony, that's when my copy of T3 (and Land of the Dead) is supposed to ship, too. I didn't order until today, though.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor

It would have been nice to have the True HD track, but after the five or ten minutes I heard when I was checking the disc out last night, the title is just fine without it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks