Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paradigm Studio v.4 - Monitor v.5 - Signature v.2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter

• 1,131 posts

Posted September 16 2006 - 07:42 PM

Paradigm introduced a forest of new speakers, including the Signature v.2 line, which now uses a beryllium-dome tweeter and cobalt-infused woofer, and the new Monitor v.5 series, which features the well-known budget-priced Atom ($249/pair). All Monitor v.5 speakers are reportedly 3-5dB more sensitive than previous models.

http://www.shows.sou....toppers_1.html
http://www.castercom...ress.cfm?id=113

The Studio v.4 Lineup:

Studio 20 – 2-driver 2-way bookshelf: 7˝ bass/mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $899/pr

Studio 40 – 3-driver 2.5-way bookshelf: 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $1,399/pr

Studio 60 – 3-driver 2.5-way floorstanding: 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $1,799/pr

Studio 100 – 5-driver 3-way floorstanding: 3 x 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $2,499/pr

CC-590 – 4-driver 3-way center: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $899/ea

New Model! CC-690 – 6-driver 3.5-way center: 2 x 7˝ bass, 2 x 7˝ mid/bass, 4.5˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $1,199/ea

New Model! Eclipse – 4-driver 3-way on-wall: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $999/ea

New Model! Eclipse C – 4-driver 3-way on-wall: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $999/ea

Studio ADP-590 – 5-driver 3-way surround: 7˝ bass, 2 x 4.5˝ mid/bass, 2 x 1˝ G-PAL; $599/ea

The Signature v.2 lineup:

New Model! S1 – Two-driver 2-way bookshelf: 6-inch mid/bass, 1” P-Be; $1600/pr

S2 – Two driver 2-way bookshelf: 7-inch mid/bass, 1-inch P-Be; $2400/pr

S4 – Three driver 2.5-way bookshelf: 7-inch bass, 7-inch mid/bass, 1” P-Be; $3200/pr

New Model! S6 – Four-driver 3-way floorstanding: 2 x 7-inch bass, 7-inch mid/bass, 1” P-Be; $4500/pr

S8 – Six-driver 3-way floorstanding: 4 x 7-inch bass, 7-inch midrange, 1-inch P-Be; $6500/pr

New Model! C1 – Four-driver 3-way center: 2 x 5.5-inch, 5-inch mid/bass, 1-inch P-Be; $900/ea

C3 – Four-driver 3-way center: 2 x 7-inch bass, 5-inch mid/bass, 1-inch P-Be; $1800/ea

C5 – Six-driver 3.5-way center: 2 x 7-inch bass, 5-inch mid/bass, 1-inch P-Be; $3000/ea

New Model! W5 – Six driver 3.5-way on-wall: 2 x 7-inch bass, 2 x 7-inch mid/bass, 4.5-inch mid, 1-inch P-Be; $2800/ea

New Model! W5 C – Six-driver 3.5-way on-wall center: 2 x 7-inch bass, 2 x 7-inch mid/bass, 4.5-inch mid, 1-inch P-Be; $2800/ea

New Model! ADP1 – Five-driver 3-way surround: 7-inch bass, 2 x 3.5-inch mid, 2 x 1-inch P-Be; $900/ea

ADP3 – Five driver 3-way surround: 8’ bass, 2 x 4.5-inch mid, 2 x 1-inch P-Be; $1700/ea

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Arthur S

Arthur S

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted September 17 2006 - 03:21 AM

I've had beryllium drivers, overrated. Cobalt infused woofers, please!

Studio 20 v4., with a good subwoofer covering 80Hz down.

Either SVS or HSU. SVS coming to Canada soon.

With all due respect to Packy, if you haven't seen this yet:

http://www.hometheat....mk2-20-hz.html

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   EYESPORTS

EYESPORTS

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted September 17 2006 - 04:19 PM

where did you hear about the Paradigm Studio Series coming out with v4.0. I asked about this in a post last month - nobody could verify it. I had e-mail contact with Paradigm who denied it as well - saying only v3.0 is available and could not say when/where v4.0 would be out.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter

• 1,131 posts

Posted September 17 2006 - 05:52 PM

EYESPORTS - just click on the URL on my first post: http://www.castercom...ress.cfm?id=113

The full details of the press release for the Studio Series v.4 are as follows:

Quote:
Denver, CO – CEDIA EXPO 2006 – September 13 - 17, 2006 – Booth # 760 – Paradigm Electronics Inc., an international leader in speaker design and manufacturing, introduces its latest Paradigm® Reference Studio series of music and home theater speakers. Since its inception in 1996, the series has seen no lull in its ability to win awards and rave reviews for audio excellence.

This fourth-generation of speakers features two significant design upgrades: G-PAL™ gold-anodized pure-aluminum tweeter domes (introduced in the company’s critically acclaimed Signature Series) and S-PAL™ satin-anodized pure-aluminum woofer cones. What’s more, as the popularity of speakers to complement lifestyle and décor continues to increase, two new on-wall models — the Eclipse (L/R) and Eclipse C (center channel) — lend added versatility to this very popular series. With affordability still key, Studio v.4 seems primed to continue as a front-runner in the high-end audio market.

The gold-anodizing process used on the G-PAL dome guarantees superb rigidity without adding mass. In addition, the reduced radius of curvature on the new tweeter diaphragm elicits inherent improvements in sound dispersion. The phase-alignment bridge and slightly elevated position of the tweeter dome within the WaveGuide™ chassis further improve sound dispersion off axis. High-power dual ferrite/ceramic magnets, powerful motor structures, and die-cast heatsink chassis remain unchanged from the previous generation.

MLP™ mica-loaded co-polymer cones, a staple on Studio and Signature midrange and bass/midrange drivers, have been supplanted by a new generation of S-PAL satin-anodized pure-aluminum cones. Chosen for their tremendous high-stiffness-to-low-mass ratio, their silvery aluminum hue is also a crowd-stopping touch – particularly teamed with the stunning gold-anodized dome tweeter. As in previous generations, black mineral-filled polypropylene bass cones control the lower frequencies.

The muscle behind midrange, bass/midrange, and bass drivers remains essentially unchanged. Massive heatsinks and AVS™ die-cast chassis (highly damped and extremely rigid) are still more than capable of meeting the high-performance needs of these powerful drive units. As in v.3, satin-anodized solid-aluminum phase plugs are used in lieu of dust caps to promote extended frequency response; increase airflow through the motor structure for better power handling; and improve phase response by removing any possibility of on-axis beaming. The oversized magnet assemblies found in v.3 continue to ensure very low distortion and exceptional linearity across the series.

Paradigm’s proprietary IMS/SHOCK-MOUNT™ (IMS), a unique butyl-rubber driver mounting system, first seen on Signature drivers, continues its job of decoupling drivers from the speaker enclosure, thereby reducing driver/enclosure resonances and vibrations to inaudible levels. Where required, grille assemblies are designed for low diffraction. Sculpted curves add to the high-end appeal of this new generation of Studio speakers. Floorstanding and center-channel models include elegant outrigger feet.

The Studio v.4 Lineup:
Studio 20 – 2-driver 2-way bookshelf: 7˝ bass/mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $899/pr
Studio 40 – 3-driver 2.5-way bookshelf: 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $1,399/pr
Studio 60 – 3-driver 2.5-way floorstanding: 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $1,799/pr
Studio 100 – 5-driver 3-way floorstanding: 3 x 7˝ bass, 7˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $2,499/pr
CC-590 – 4-driver 3-way center: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $899/ea
New Model! CC-690 – 6-driver 3.5-way center: 2 x 7˝ bass, 2 x 7˝ mid/bass, 4.5˝ mid, 1˝ G-PAL; $1,199/ea
New Model! Eclipse – 4-driver 3-way on-wall: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $999/ea
New Model! Eclipse C – 4-driver 3-way on-wall: 2 x 7˝ bass, 4.5˝ mid/bass, 1˝ G-PAL; $999/ea
Studio ADP-590 – 5-driver 3-way surround: 7˝ bass, 2 x 4.5˝ mid/bass, 2 x 1˝ G-PAL; $599/ea

FMV prices are in U.S. dollars. Available in a variety of finishes, Studio v.4 high-resolution images will be available after CEDIA Expo 2006.

For more information about Paradigm, please visit www.paradigm.com.

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted September 18 2006 - 01:22 AM

Isn't beryllium supposed to be extremely toxic or some such?
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   EYESPORTS

EYESPORTS

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Alon. I've put in a call back to my local A/V dealer to see that he can get them. He's a Paradigm authorized dealer - not sure why he didn't know that v4.0 was out.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   ryan.p

ryan.p

Stunt Coordinator

• 87 posts

Posted September 20 2006 - 03:36 PM

The Atoms are part of the "Performance" Series and NOT the "Monitor" Series. The Studio v.4 catalog has been available for download from the Paradigm web site for some time now. It is my understanding the Studio v.4 Series will NOT be available until early next year some time in mid-to late March. Just thought I would mention what I have been told.
"It is NOT about what brand of audio components you use but RATHER how you use them that counts--only YOU know what YOU prefer. It really is as simple as that."

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted September 21 2006 - 10:27 AM

Nevermind, I googled "Beryllium + health" and found-out beryllium is only harmful if you're the one manufacturing the stuff.

But on the safe side I wouldn't eat the tweeters Posted Image
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   EYESPORTS

EYESPORTS

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted October 09 2006 - 09:05 AM

Just got a call from the local Paradigm dealer who states that the Studio series v4.0 is now available - and he can get them within 2 weeks. Can anyone verify this - as from what I hear they won't be out til after early 2007.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   gtidriver77

gtidriver77

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 07 2007 - 08:48 AM

I'm a dealer and we've had them for awhile now. My personal set will be here on monday. They have the tweeter from the signature series now. They look alot better than the last model I think.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   PaulBa

PaulBa

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 12 2007 - 03:21 AM

The Studio series do not have the tweeter from the Signature series. They have started using a gold anodized dome, similar to the signature series tweeter, but the rest of the tweeter assembly is the same as the old studio tweeter.

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   vm8444

vm8444

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted May 11 2007 - 09:13 AM

wow and I was told it was the same tweeter as the sig from last year..
anyways here's a review

on the studio 20 version 4

hometheatermag.com/subsatloudspeakers/307paradigm

I have maggies but if I ever go back to boxes ,,
my first speakers were the 20's and loved em really ..
you can't go wrong..
I believe all mid to high end speakers have their strengths and weakness'es

so what it comes down to is a matter of ears ..
anyways its the buyer that matters

peace
vm

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted May 14 2007 - 07:48 AM

The Atom and Titan names have now been merged into the Monitor line and the Performance line has been dropped all together. It doesn't seem to have brought the Monitor line down-market at all... simply having the Atom as a smaller Mini and the Titan as the Monitor 3 replacement. It does, however, leave a bit of a gap between the Cinema line and the new Monitor line with no larger inexpensive bookshelfs (like the original Atoms and Titans) or inexpensive floorstanders (like the Phantoms). I think it's an overall good move for Paradigm but the gap may represent lost business for those looking for an inexpensive line but not ready to settle for sub-sat systems.