Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Poseidon sounds AWESOME!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   ShaunVanSkiver

ShaunVanSkiver

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 12:28 AM

If you have 90 minutes to waste go rent Poseidon and crank it up...none stop explosions with awesome surround sound effects. Defiantly gave my pb12 a work out, even the wife said holy crap and trust me she wasn’t even impressed with U-571!!!

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Blaine_M

Blaine_M

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 04:34 AM

Beyond that, is the movie any good?

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   ShaunVanSkiver

ShaunVanSkiver

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 06:23 AM

It was about a 6-7 out of 10 lots of action/suspense but there were some lame moments. If it wasn’t for the sound track I probably wouldn’t watch it again

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 08:38 AM

Netflix just brought my Poseiden the other day....I guess I'll have to watch it when I can crank it up if the sound is that good Posted Image
"Come on you Fockers....CONGA!!!"
-Dustin Hoffman as 'Bernie Focker'

Updated Equipment List

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

• 1,868 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for the heads-up! I've read that the story is so-so, but the soundtrack, LFE and surrounds are impressive!

I'll wait to hear & feel (SVS) it in Dolby Digital Plus (hopefully Warner will also release the lossless TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack like they did w/"The Phantom of the Opera" - which by the way sounds GLORIOUS!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ) when I rent the HD DVD after it is released on December 5th.

Phil
My HT Enthusiasts Google Website
---- Toshiba 62HM196 62" 1080p DLP HDTV pic's (#1 in Consumer Reports)
DVD Aficionado (DVDAF) on-going list.
Acquisition Rule #59 “Free advice is seldom cheap.” (Quark @ DS9)
JBL S-Series + SVS 25-31PCi (SN: 00034) w/NSD Upgrade!

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted August 30 2006 - 02:40 PM

I'm with you there, Phil....my Outlaw pre/pro is just dying to get that high rez audio going through the 5.1 analog inputs Posted Image I was really afraid I was going to have to upgrade it to something with HDMI, so I'm glad that's not the case. It's an outdated unit, but I love it for HT....does everything I ask it to do Posted Image

I really enjoyed Phantom on SD DVD, so I can only imagine how amazing it is in HD with the high rez audio....can't wait!

Updated Equipment List

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   timZa

timZa

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted September 01 2006 - 03:47 AM

I was not impressed with the bass in this movie. i still have some tweaking to do though. i had my sub a week. best bass so far Star Wars Attack of the clones2 and Jurassic park 3. i like movies with lots of bass thru out the movie. it sucks to rent a movie for the bass and there is a whole 10 sec of good bass.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   AlanZ

AlanZ

Screenwriter

• 1,335 posts

Posted September 01 2006 - 08:26 AM

I think I have to agree with Tim....I can't say I was particularly blown away by the audio. I re-watched a couple of scenes in Poseiden and then put in Saving Private Ryan DTS (my reference for audio), and it was just too much difference for me to be that excited about Poseiden. Just my take, though....

I did think Emmy Rossum was amazingly hot, though Posted Image

Updated Equipment List

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   ScottCHI

ScottCHI

Screenwriter

• 1,292 posts

Posted September 01 2006 - 11:12 AM

The original "The Poseiden Adventure" is a better movie. And that ain't sayin' much for the new one.
"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Legairre

Legairre

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts

Posted September 02 2006 - 07:11 AM

I wasn't impressed with the sound on this movie, I found the bass just OK, but nothing impressive and the movie was pretty front heavy not a lot of surround action.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted September 02 2006 - 09:06 AM

TRINITY AND BEYOND™ (The Atomic Bomb Movie)

Active surrounds + lots of bass (even the company's logo sequence shakes things) + William Shatner narrating = great demo material.

But if you're like most people, after viewing this visually-arresting documentary you'll feel really bummed out and thinking wtf did we invent. Posted Image

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted September 02 2006 - 02:03 PM

I thought the sound was good, nothing in comparison to Episode III opening scene, but good. I liked the edge of my seat action and thrills. The CGI was also top notch. The opening scene to the ship is almost entirely CGI aside from certain actors, but there is no real ship, flags in the background, no wooden stair that he runs up, it is all CGI. Just my take.

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted September 02 2006 - 03:10 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users