-

Photo
- - - - -

Point Pleasant & Lone Gunmen for 30 Dollars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 06:30 AM

I was just at Wal-Mart and I noticed they have a sale on 'selected' FOX complete series sets for 2 for 30. I did like Lone Gunman but I haven't heard much about Point Pleasant. So I was wondering if the series is it worth buying blind?

Thanks

#2 of 9 Allan^L

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator

• 106 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 08:01 AM

I thought the show was too safe and PC. The show was about Satan's daughter, Christina, washing up (literally) into a small town and being all conflicted over her heritage. In every episode, she would get angry and start to go all Carrie on her enemies but would always relent and back off. I wished the show had just let her go wild. Might have saved it from cancellation.

#3 of 9 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts
  • LocationPrincess Anne, Md. USA

Posted August 16 2006 - 08:46 AM

Well... I will put it this way... I bought Point Pleasant as a blind buy. This was a good few months ago... I watched a single episode and haven't even had the urge to continue at this point.

I don't normally judge a show on just 1 episode... but I found it to be slow and boring. Felt more like a teen drama with a supernatural twist to it... not like a horror series I thought I was buying.

As I said... I don't like to give up on a series after just one episode... so I do plan on checking it out again eventually. But I am in no hurry to continue it.

#4 of 9 Jason-A

Jason-A

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 09:31 AM

Point Pleasant get's good after ep. 5 the final episode is great and the devil's daughter goes wild.

#5 of 9 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 10:04 AM

Thanks Jason.... that is good to know... will help me get through the first 5 eps knowing it does get better! Posted Image

#6 of 9 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 10:57 AM

Thanks guys it will be something I might get after I get my must haves Posted Image

#7 of 9 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 10:08 PM

For $15 it's worth it. I got it for $20 during a Amazon sale, I but was already a fan of the show and wanted to see the last few episodes that didn't make it on air.

Chris does freak out at the end so definitely finish watching the series.

p.s. - It's a shame TRU CALLING was canned for this, only to have this replacement prematurely axed as well.

#8 of 9 RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted August 16 2006 - 11:04 PM

I really liked Tru Calling thats another series I have to get.

#9 of 9 Pete Battista

Pete Battista

Screenwriter

• 1,959 posts

Posted August 17 2006 - 12:26 AM

I loved Tru Calling! I already have both releases. Posted Image Believe it or not I am still bitter for the way they handled the cancelation of it. Hmmm... may be part of what I have against Point Pleasant? Posted Image