What's new

BCI announces it's first 3 HD titles (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just read this. I haven't seen any of these titles, so I was wondering if anybody else has seen these titles or the ones they have planned for later this year.

The only draw back is that they are encoding them in 1080i, but still it looks like it's good news.

The ones I'm curious about are Golgo13 and Galaxina

BCI announcement

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Golgo 13!? I didn't even know that was a movie, I just played the Nintendo game. (Which was awesome for the time).

Personally, I'm more intrested in the Army Of Darkness HD-DVD announcement half a page down.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Nnn, the live-action Golgo 13, not one of the anime outings. [It was a manga, or Japanese comic book, to begin with.] Even if it were, it wouldn't have been enough to get me into the format, being (a) only one title and (b) not one I care about. Oh well, more waiting!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
not for me.

i'll rent to give them a look is all.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Here are a couple more news articles from DVDDrive-In.com

We just got this word from The Mark of Naschy Website: BCI has finalized a deal with a major rights owner of Spanish horror films to release in America six Paul Naschy titles on DVD. Included in the deal are two Amando de Ossorio titles, and one Leon Klimovsky film. Word is that HD anamorphic transfers are being prepared and that the releases will contain generous supplemental material. The Naschy titles are: NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (THE CRAVING), EXORCISM, VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES, HUMAN BEASTS, HORROR RISES FROM THE TOMB, BLUE EYES OF THE BROKEN DOLL (HOUSE OF PSYCHOTIC WOMEN). The de Ossorio titles: NIGHT OF THE SORCERERS, LORELEY'S GRASP (WHEN THE SCREAMING STOPS). The Klimovsky title: DRACULA'S SAGA. More information to follow…

Above are the covers for BCI Eclipse's first two installments in their "Spanish Horror Collection," NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLF (aka THE CRAVING), and VENGEANCE OF THE ZOMBIES, both starring Spanish horror icon Paul Naschy. Both titles will be available on September 26th in both Standard and High Def, and extras are to be announced.

Apparently BCI are under the impression that those with the new players are willing to buy anything so they're releasing these titles day and date. Sales will determine if other titles will be released on HD. Rumor has it that previous Naschy titles were disasters when released onto SD so I'd be rather shocked to see these do well (on either format).

I've seen several of the titles and you'd have to be a die-hard Euro Horror fan to enjoy them. THE CRAVING is the best of the lot if you enjoyed the previous six or seven Naschy/werewolf films. VENGEANCE is one of the worst films ever made but I'd recommend it if you REALLY want to own everything released to the format. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks