Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

I need a Portable Sirius solution

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Philippe Kline

Philippe Kline

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted May 31 2006 - 07:50 AM

Hey everyone, please don't hate me for rehashing a topic that's been covered, but I'm just feeling frustrated today... Can you guys help me out w/a list of portable Sirius options and what's required? Here's all I need: - Ability to listen to Sirius in my car(s), hooked up to my HT (w/gooood audio, ideally), and potentially hooked up to something at work. - Reasonable cost; I'd like to keep it ~100, but I can probably push my budget up to $150 if absolutely necessary; getting Sirius in my car is the #1 goal right now, though (I can buy more docking stations/kits later on.) Concerns: - I'm living in an Apt and have been told that I can't really have anything installed on the house (dishes, antennas, etc...) - I don't need to be able to have Sirius playing simultaneously at all these locations, so a portable (plug 'n' play/multiple docking stations) solution would be ideal. - As far as installation... I really need something simple that doesn't involve any drilling or wiring in my car(s.) ...that should be it, I think. Can anyone help me out?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted June 02 2006 - 02:14 PM

Look at the sportster replay and a dock. While you can't mount anything to the roof, generally if you can sit it on your window sill or something similar you can get decent signal (at least I can). But the sportster replay is movable, can easily go from car to your house, and has about the right cost. The New Version 4 units are out, so you can get one of those or pick up one of the older units probably at a pretty steep discount.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users