What's new

I need a Portable Sirius solution (1 Viewer)

Philippe Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone, please don't hate me for rehashing a topic that's been covered, but I'm just feeling frustrated today... Can you guys help me out w/a list of portable Sirius options and what's required?

Here's all I need:

- Ability to listen to Sirius in my car(s), hooked up to my HT (w/gooood audio, ideally), and potentially hooked up to something at work.
- Reasonable cost; I'd like to keep it ~100, but I can probably push my budget up to $150 if absolutely necessary; getting Sirius in my car is the #1 goal right now, though (I can buy more docking stations/kits later on.)

Concerns:
- I'm living in an Apt and have been told that I can't really have anything installed on the house (dishes, antennas, etc...)
- I don't need to be able to have Sirius playing simultaneously at all these locations, so a portable (plug 'n' play/multiple docking stations) solution would be ideal.
- As far as installation... I really need something simple that doesn't involve any drilling or wiring in my car(s.)

...that should be it, I think. Can anyone help me out?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Look at the sportster replay and a dock. While you can't mount anything to the roof, generally if you can sit it on your window sill or something similar you can get decent signal (at least I can).

But the sportster replay is movable, can easily go from car to your house, and has about the right cost. The New Version 4 units are out, so you can get one of those or pick up one of the older units probably at a pretty steep discount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.