Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Cambridge Soundworks Model 6 VS. Bose 201

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 kennethDA

kennethDA

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted May 27 2006 - 03:50 PM

Hello, im deciding on weather or not to purchse the Cambridge Model 6 or the Bose 201... they're both 2 way systems and both have wonderful reviews... if anyone has had experience with either speakers may u give your experiences? thanks!
Ken

#2 of 12 Rich Allen

Rich Allen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted May 27 2006 - 10:57 PM

I would take the Cambridge Soundworks hands down.

Now where exactly did you see the Bose getting "wonderfull reviews"?

Try doing a search on Bose in this forum, and most others for that matter, and see what most are saying about them.

#3 of 12 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,270 posts

Posted May 27 2006 - 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Allen
Now where exactly did you see the Bose getting "wonderfull reviews"?

Ummmm, I am betting from Bose.

Chris

#4 of 12 kennethDA

kennethDA

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted May 28 2006 - 12:36 AM

there are many positive reviews all over the place with the Bose 201 circuitcity, eopinions, audioreview and such but i ask this questions because cost came into consideration cuz something happened... the model 6 also has great reviews as well... i am stumpped

#5 of 12 Rich Allen

Rich Allen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted May 28 2006 - 02:57 AM

Well, do a search here for Bose and see what is said by people who know what they are talking about.

It's not very positive about them.

#6 of 12 kennethDA

kennethDA

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted May 28 2006 - 04:32 PM

but this is only one source, you must expand on the # of sources... i actually did do a bose search and hopped around on all 20 pages, clicking on ones that pertained to my situation, or ones that just interested me... and it doesnt seem like they knew what they were talking about... at atleast, they didnt seem to hold much experience. i think that one reason many people will defy Bose, is because the people here suggest that. but we dont know how the negativity started..

#7 of 12 Rich Allen

Rich Allen

Second Unit

• 382 posts

Posted May 28 2006 - 10:30 PM

Oh, they know what they are talking about. And it's more than a few people saying that. Sounds like several sources to me. Check out AVS forum, and others and they'll echo the same opinion. Check out several of the links presented in the posts for some measured specs on them. Notice that Bose typically doesn't post specs on their speakers.

Hey, you definately should listen to everything, and if you like what you hear, go for it. But I'm betting that if you really compare them to others, you'll much prefer the others.

Good luck with it.

#8 of 12 Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter

• 1,270 posts

Posted May 29 2006 - 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethDA
Hello, im deciding on weather or not to purchse the Cambridge Model 6 or the Bose 201... they're both 2 way systems and both have wonderful reviews... if anyone has had experience with either speakers may u give your experiences? thanks!
Ken

Have you listened to Bose 201 speakers? I don't share the opinions that Bose speakers sound terrible. As far as I can tell there is always something from a reputable manufacturer that sounds better for less money. Often it is a lot less money. I haven't heard the Cambridge Model 6, but my money is on that speaker sounding much better. In any event, the only really important opinion should be the people in your household that will listen to the speakers.

Chris

#9 of 12 kennethDA

kennethDA

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted May 29 2006 - 02:53 AM

Thank you all for the input... it was greaty appreciated. i will continue my search for a cheaper and possibly better sounding pair against the Bose's..
-Peace, Love, Chicken Grease
-ken

#10 of 12 Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit

• 255 posts

Posted June 01 2006 - 11:50 AM

I'd go with CSW too. They make some very good speakers for the price. There are, however, others who also make good small speakers, such as Orb.

And as to the negative comments about Bose, they essentially boil down to the opinion that you can pay less and get more if you go with another brand. And it is not just this forum, but every audio forum I have seen where people know what they are talking about. Take a look at avsforum.com for similarly negative comments.

#11 of 12 John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,519 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted June 02 2006 - 07:43 AM

I've owned the Model 6, and I was not impressed with it for the price. I much prefer the Newton series - I'd take the M50 or M60 over the Model 6 in a heartbeat.

epinions and audioreview are private user reviews and most of the time they have nothing to compare to, so you have to take those reviews with a big grain of salt. We are not talking about professional reviewers.
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#12 of 12 Seth=L

Seth=L

Screenwriter

• 1,313 posts

Posted August 04 2006 - 04:28 AM

he isn't going to buy anything. his place is wired with BOSE more than likely probably gets a discount and everything being that he most likely works for BOSE der BOSE.

Seth=L

Forum Nav Content I Follow