What's new

25th (Silver) Anniversary and still going strong (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this week. She's getting a new ring set and a cruise. I feel I'm the most blessed guy in the world that I'm married to her.

Anyone else here at the quarter century mark or beyond?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you beat me by 2 years. My wife and I will be celebrating 15 years this August. With a trip to a move premier in Hollywood and then a few days in Vegas.

Congrats Stephen!!

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
20 for me and the Mrs in September.....no plans yet, but I better get my ass to work on it!

mylan

Screenwriter
Congrats to all who have managed a long marriage in this day and time. We will be married ten years this Sept. and she is getting a new ring set and I think we're going back to Las Vegas, where I proposed.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
When we were making our plans for the cruise, a lot of people looked at us sideways and said, "A Disney cruise?" Yep, we're floating with the Mouse. That because of our first "official" honeymoon was spent at DisneyWorld.

Our friends have said, "Now you realize that there are going to be a lot of young kids." My wife just looks 'em in the eye and say, "Yeah, but they are not ours."

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While I wouldn't choose a Disney cruise, if it has a special meaning to you and your wife, than it's a fine choice for a milestone anniversary, Stephen. We take "special" trips for every fifth anniversary -- 5 years was a Hawaiian cruise, 10 years was an Alaskan cruise, and 15 years was two weeks in Hawaii (one each on Maui and the Big Island). We have a couple of years yet to figure out where we will go for our 20th.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Congrats ! If you don't have children of your own, a Disney cruise is a great idea. Being a kid has nothing to do with age. Myself on the other hand... I got so burnt out on the mouse I cringe.

We are hitting #13 this year at Memorial Day. Unfortunately we are in a financial crisis of our own making, so new ring sets are out of the question ;)

It's been a roller coaster at times, but you can't beat the ride !

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
This is the first time we've done anything this extravagant for an anniversary, although we did go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse last year :). Most of our significant anniversaries (5/10/15/20 year), I was deployed or getting ready to transition out of the Navy (23 years!)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Hey, fellow HTFer's!

Just got back today from our 3-night Disney cruise. Outstanding experience. We've already decided to go on a 7 day DC for our 30th anniversary. Snorkled for the first time in my life. Even without my glasses, it was an experience I'll not soon forget.

Plus, I gained 5 pounds!

Disney is not just for kids, I tell you....

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Congradulations on the mileage! I'm glad snorkeling was a positive experience as well. The last time I snorkled with down in the Bahamas five years ago off the back of a booze cruise where their idea of sanitary practices was throwing the masks in a metal tub of clorox. Needless to say that I spent the remainder of the trip with walking pneumonia.
Best of luck seeing that D.C. trip in a few years down the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks