Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone heard of this company?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Chris Fleming

Chris Fleming

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 04:06 AM

Radiient. They are a new company, but the founders seem to be front runners in electronics etc. The specs seem good, and the materials do as well. I'm more interested in their Radiient Hyperion line. Just curious if anyone has any experience or knowledge of these speakers. Possibly some comparisons to other direct purchase companies.

Thanks!

http://www.radiient.com/s.nl/sc.1/.f

#2 of 12 darek

darek

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 05:03 AM

Nice looking speakers, but who knows how they sound. It's interesting that the floorstanders only go down 10hz lower than the 2 way satellites, 80Hz - 20kHz vs. 90Hz - 20kHz. IMO you can do a lot better for that kind of money.

#3 of 12 Chris Fleming

Chris Fleming

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 05:19 AM

I was looking mainly at the Hyperion line. Those go down to 40Hz (according to the spec on the floorstanding).

#4 of 12 Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 07:54 AM

Not a bad price, nice looking speakers though. But of course, how do they sound?

#5 of 12 Jongyoon Lee

Jongyoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 11:17 AM

There is 30 days money back on those speakers. You can be the first to audition them and let us know how they sound. Posted Image

#6 of 12 Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor

• 745 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 05:03 PM

They look very much like a Kef built speaker. With the coaxial mid and the super high tweeter. Hmmmm. Looks interesting. Would need to see a few reviews first though. Posted Image

#7 of 12 LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted January 27 2006 - 06:21 PM

...and dvd-audio gets another black-eye! This is the second site I've seen in the past 3 days that only mentions sacd in their descriptions (JBL's "L" series page is worded like this too).

Just an FYI: not that I'm a big believer in ultrasonic sound reproduction but just for accuracy sake: dvd-audio in surround mode can extend up to 44kHz; sacd gets up to 100kHz in either surround or stereo mode.....but only when filtering isn't used-then it usually stops at 50kHz. But from what I've read, filtering seems to be used basically all the time because of all the ultrasonic trash past 50kHz that can cause some amps to react badly).

Anyway, in stereo mode and using the 192kHz sampling rate, dvd-audio makes it cleanly up to 88kHz, and with no special filters needed (they are more gentle than the one's 96kHz uses and much gentler than ones for the CD format). In fact, there are 192kHz standalone DACs that use no filters at all because this form of PCM is so clean at those high frequencies.

Reality check: both formats can sound very good, but personally I think dvd-audio/PCM is the less colored of the two formats.

#8 of 12 DarrenAlan

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted January 28 2006 - 10:02 AM

I live about 25 miles from where they're located and have been looking for some very slender speakers to reduce footprint in my HT. So one of these days when I have a few extra minutes (hah!), I might go over and see how they sound. If so, I'll report back.

I have a pair of KEF Q3s and to Jesse's point, yes, they do look very much like that series of speaker, including the curved cabinets and concentric mid/tweeter.

#9 of 12 LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted January 28 2006 - 10:35 AM

Another high-end company that uses concentric drivers:

Thiel Audio of Lexington, Kentucky.

#10 of 12 ChrisYK

ChrisYK

Stunt Coordinator

• 148 posts

Posted January 28 2006 - 02:48 PM

Some info on Radiient here.
Chris K.

Michigan... Respect the Maize and Blue.

#11 of 12 Steve Lumbert

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted April 22 2006 - 06:01 PM

I just got a customized 7.0 Hyperion setup from Radiient. I added a pair of the Europa bookshelves and substituted a 2nd pair in place of the Hyperion surrounds for an additional $100. They were at my door in WA state in only 2 days via FedEx for free too.

They are beautiful speakers and I'm glad I took the risk for them. Both the bookshelves and the floorstanders are bi-amp/bi-wirable and have optional spikes which isn't mentioned on the website. Due to the depth of the Europas I had to get creative and order some 13" TV wall mounts for them which I haven't received yet. I have the Hyperion floorstanders and center hooked up and have some Boston CR Sat6 surrounds and an Eathquake Supernova 10" sub mated to a Boston AVP7/A7200 in my bedroom. They aren't even broken in and I'm pretty impressed, especially with the center channel. After I get it all setup and broken in, I'll post a review.

#12 of 12 NickSI

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted April 23 2006 - 02:09 AM

They never say what size the woofers or the tweeters are???
Ciao

(if there is a $200 reciever or integrated amp in your basement collecting dust or even in your living room collecting dust lemme know ill take it off your hands)