Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Best LCD for Xbox 360 under $400?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Curt Luther

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted January 16 2006 - 12:29 PM

My son wants to buy a LCD TV for Xbox 360. He has saved his own money for this and I would like to see him get the best for his money. What would be a good choice? I know is must be HD ready to make the 360 really shine. Where would be a good place to buy. I did see some on Ebay, but unsure of that route.

Thanks
Curt

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted January 16 2006 - 12:46 PM

If you can up it to $500 there are quite a few places (B&Ms even) that are carrying the various Syntax Olevia 26" HD LCD panels. They are supposed to have very good color and refresh rate. If not you're probably going to be limited to stuff in the 20" and lower range.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Curt Luther

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted January 17 2006 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for the info. I think he will have to get a 17 - 20" screen. He is capped out on money. Also, what is B&M's?
Thanks for the reply.

Curt

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted January 17 2006 - 04:11 AM

a B&M is a Brick & Mortar store... as in a physical store in your town/city... as oposed to an internet or mail-order retailer. Circuit City, Best Buy, and CompUSA are examples of large chain B&M stores.