Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Stern streaming over the Internet rumor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 08:55 AM

Anyone know any more details on this rumor? During Stern's soundcheck yesterday a guy asked him about it and he said "They're working on it."

Now that would be awesome cuz I'd go from my car to work and not miss much. I just need a reciever for home and I can cover all my bases.

#2 of 8 Brent T

Brent T

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 11:56 AM

I belive they are looking to find a sponsor to put up the big bucks so its worth it for Sirius.

#3 of 8 Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 06:50 AM

Yeah, I can understand that.

The the technical infrastructure to handle that kind of streaming load must cost a pretty penny.

#4 of 8 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,529 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 07:20 AM

Quote:
The the technical infrastructure to handle that kind of streaming load must cost a pretty penny.

They already have the infrastructure. Sirius streams all their music channels and some talk channels right from their website (click "Listen" from www.sirius.com). All you need is to log in with your account. MOF, they used to stream every channel; talk, music, sports, entertainment, but I think the hosts/channels/games that are also on terrestrial put a stop to it, cause now it's Sirius shows only.

#5 of 8 Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 07:50 AM

Yeah - I meant the increase in the number of streams that Howie will drive.

#6 of 8 Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,529 posts

Posted January 05 2006 - 08:24 AM

True, but that's mostly a question of purchasing more bandwith and capable servers.

#7 of 8 Tim_Stack

Tim_Stack

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted January 09 2006 - 02:03 AM

Looks like streaming is coming definitely. On one of Sirius' pages theres a signup for a e-mail updates that says, "Want to get updated as soon as Howard starts streaming? Sign up here."

Cool - won't have to buy a separate radio for work.

#8 of 8 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,493 posts

Posted January 09 2006 - 05:15 AM

Yeah but what do we do in the meantime. I read that they are going to replay the show at 9:00 pm. Now I just need to figure out how to record and make this an mp3.
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT