What's new

Stern Sirius -- O&A XM (1 Viewer)

Brent T

Second Unit
Well after what I saw today I can't imagine O&A and XM can be too proud.

O&A have been planning their million pest march to ruin Sterns final day on FM and his party at the Hard Rock. Well from what I could tell about 20-30 O&A fans turned up with professionaly made signs that boasted XM and O&A. The black and yellow signs looked good but they were quickly drowned out by thousands apon thousands of fans and it looked like nothing more then an embarrassing event for XM and O&A.

If thats all XM and O&A could get their fans to do I gotta believe that Sirius and Howard are going to have a great ride over the next 5 years.

Chris_T

Stunt Coordinator
Watched the web cast on yahoo today. Pretty awesome. I could care less about O&A and what ever stunts they pull. No one can touch Howard in terms of popularity and scale. I "siriusly" doubt any other radio personality could have generated the crowd and coverage he did today. I'll definitely be there on January 9th. Baba-Booey to you all!

Chris

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Me too, I just can't live without hearing Howard in the mornings at work, I just can't imagine it!

I wonder how many subscription Sirius generated today from Howard fans who finally got hit with the harsh reality that he's really gone from terrestrial radio, I would be very interested in seeing those numbers.

I'm getting onboard in January with a year subscription, not just for Howard but also for the music channels and also my boy Jim Brewer, that dude fucking kills me, by far he was my favorite guest that Howard had on this year, he just came in and ripped the roof off the joint! :laugh:

O&A are lame, they can't even begin to threaten what Howard's got.

"We are the last of a dying breed!!"

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
also watched the yahoo feed.when he got on stage there at the hard rock he looked so relived that its all over with.its going to be a long three weeks.by the way. opie who?:D

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Not only that, but how many people were upset that both Robin and Howards final speeches were dumped so many times? Perhaps the crowd was cursing, but if that didn't convince people to go with Howard to Sirius, nothing will.

Kevin_W

Second Unit
I could have done with fewer "last of a dying breed" in his speech, but otherwise a great final day for Howard.

Anyone know if they will stream his show over the internet? I work in an area that I would never get a Sirius signal.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I was there today and as for O&A's pathetic "Army" ... it was really pretty sad. Just a small band of white trash losers with free signs that XM gave them (they couldn't even make their own). They were a sad joke... just like Oppie and Anthony themselves. O&A, their fans, and XM are really desperate and jealous... they know whats coming. Just look at all their "deals" going on... they are trying to literaly give away their service!

I guess this "army" is mainly a bunch of keyboard commandos who don't leave the house. I really was expecting more of those morons.... but happily, it was all about Stern with no interuptions! What a great day!

Brent T

Second Unit
John, you will love Brewer on Raw Dog. I was never a fan of his even though everyone one of my friends raved about him (I couldnt get passed Goat Boy). Then when I got Sirius about 7 months ago I tried out Raw Dog on my way home from work. Brewer was killing me. Then I heard him on Stern a few times and as you said, one of my favorite guests.

As for subsribers...

I believe Sirius had around 800,000 subscribers before Stern made it known he was going to satelite and now they are projecting over 3,000,000 subsribers after the holiday season. So not too shabby. I am guessing that Sirius will top the 5 Million mark by next year with out too much trouble.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:eek:

Wow, that's quite a jump in subscribers if that's the case.

As for Brewer, i've prepared myself for the idea that I may not survive listening to him for the first time on Sirius. ;)

Between his Black Sabbath impression and that maniacal laugh of his I might just keel over hearing how he is uncensored! :laugh:

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I know people who work for Sirius. Stern is easily responsible for 8 outa 10 new subscribers. And 3 outa 5 XM converts.

Devin U

Second Unit
It seems funny to me that there was alot of complaining of how some Sirius fans here felt the satellite radio forum was nothing but attacks against Sirius/Stern and nothing but love for XM. Now that Ron has split the satellite radio forums into XM/Sirius, whats one of the first threads? XM and O and A sucks.

Pot, meet Mr. kettle.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Cool, Garrett, I thought that might happen and apparently it is.

Devin,
in my own defense, I never mentioned a word about XM and I never said that O&A suck...merely that they're lame. :D

Brent T

Second Unit
Devin not sure what thread you are talking about in the Sirius section. However having read the "Satelite" section for some tim e I dont see how anyone can say it was nothing more then a promotional tool that Ron felt he needed to post in time and time again because Sirius didnt show him the respect he thought he deserved.

As for the threads, I dont see any threads saying O&A suck or that XM sucks. I for one have had both services and just feel that Sirius is a much better fit for me. People may voice their feelings in the threads as the conversation moves along, however they sure dont start as bashes like the other forum area.

As for O&A sucking I think their show speaks for itself and the attempt of the "Million Pest March" pretty much showed the power they and XM have with their fans.

Blu

Screenwriter
After reading Sirius Backstage for a little while there are several people who have subscriptions to both services. There are strong points to both.

I've never heard Stern so his show will be new to me.
Never cared to see his show on E! so we'll see what it is like.

What I can say is I firmly believe that the customers need both services to stay competetive and I think that Stern will provide that. I am buying a couple of Sirius One receivers and giving out for Christmas along with a gift card.

As both services lock up more exclusive talent they will start to distinguish themselves more and more.

Good for us!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Unfortunitely, Blu, not everyone has the either the means or desire to subscribe to both, and so they will choose which ever offers the most programs that appeals to them.

For me, XM doesn't have any programming that interests me, Sirius has Howard and Brewer, that's the one i'm going with. I think you'll find that not many will go with both, it'll be one or the other in most cases.

EDIT: Nevermind, Blu, I misunderstood what you meant after rereading your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks