What's new

Best Buy online threatens me (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm excited today as my order for Lifeboat DVD comes in the mail today from Best Buy. I got a good price and applied my Best Buy bucks to make it even better.

I open the package, and oops, Cirque De Soliel music CD instead, complete with an matching order receipt for that CD. No problem, I call them up and tell them there was a mixup. First everything is exactly how I expected, they will pick up the misorder on their dime and reship a replacement order. Perfect. Oops, since they had messed up a previous order of mine (over a year ago, maybe 2), the phone rep cannot authorized to reship a new order, they can only cancel the order. At this point, I said go ahead and cancel my order, I'll keep the CD for the trouble. At this point, the phone rep says that the call is recorded and that I will be billed for the CD. I said good luck, I never ordered the CD, and had to hang up now (which I did have to, was running late for my kids soccer game).

I come back from the soccer game and I have an email from a different rep stating that I will be billed for the CD if they do not receive the return in 21 days. To their credit, they now claim that they will reship my order when they receive their return and credit my account for the postage. This is not the ideal solution as I have to deal with going to the post office, waiting a couple weeks for them to process the return, hopefully reship my order and process my refund for the postage.

What I don't like is the thought that they can ship me anything they want and bill me for it in 21 days. What if I just has said that I didn't receive the order? If I wouldn't have told him the misshipment's order number, how would they have known how much to bill me?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'd call them back and tell them if they want it they must arrange to return it postage paid. You did not order the item and you are under no legal obligation to return it at your expense. You are not responsible for fixing their mistake. If they continue to give you problems ask for a manager and go as high as you can go. If that doesn't work call your state's Attorney General's office to report them for fraud and then contact BB corporate HQ through their report number. If they charge your credit card for this mistake, make sure you dispute it with your cardholder.

I wouldn't want them to fulfill the original order and I'd take my business elsewhere. This is yet another reason why BB sucks. :thumbsdown:

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Update: Contact Bestbuy.com via phone again. CS Rep would not immediately forward me to a supervisor. Went through the same process as the first call with the same conclusion, she can only cancel my order. I finally get her to forward me to her supervisor. The Supervisor listens to my story and says that she can only cancel my order. I ask about the email I received from them that said if I returned the misshipped order first, they could reship my order. Rather than debate the different options that were given to me, she hung up on me :frowning:

I called Best Buy Corporate and spoke with a real person with a real name. I explained all I wanted was for them to reship my order and for them to pick up the order that they misshipped to me. He said that was reasonable and that he would contact me after talking to the dotcom people.

I get an email from Corporate guy that says that all they can do is cancel my order (which he did already :frowning: ), and he said to ship the misshipped/incorrect order back. Nothing even close to the resolution that I wanted. I lost the sale price, I lost my Best Buy bucks that I applied to the order :frowning: and I'm still asked to take the time to reship the bad order back and hope to get my postage refunded.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like it is time for you to find another company. As for Best Buy, I'd complain to your local BBB - just to vent.

As for the disk, you can get a manila envelope, I think the size is 6" x 9" with the bubbles inside, and slap 5 postage stamps on it. I would enclose a bill for the envelope, stamps, and whatever else you lost because THEY screwed this one up, and that you not only won't be dealing with them again, but that you'll be sure and tell all of your friends too. You could enclose your letter to the BBB, just so they will have an explanation.

They just might change their policy on unordered items in the future.

Best of luck - Glenn

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Sounds like things have not improved at all since I last ordered from bestbuy.com

I'll spare everyone all the gory details, but something very similar to what you describe happened to me. Best Buy shipped me someone else's order (a large order), and getting everything worked out took FOREVER and a great deal of my time. I wound up losing some money, too.

Bestbuy.com sucks, and I'll never, ever order from them again. I don't even shop in their retail stores any more, and I used to buy $100.00+ in DVDs alone from Best Buy every single week.

Amazon.com has become much more competitive with their new release DVD pricing. I purchased an Amazon prime membership for just $79.00 and now everything comes right to my door via 2-day air. No sales tax, no shipping charges. So far I've only had problems with one order (a floater dvd), and Amazon overnighted a replacement at no charge. Now THAT'S customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks