-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

waiting for 4805 to arrive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 DaveMcFar

DaveMcFar

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 09:58 PM

OK my new 4805 should arrive on Friday according to the UPS tracking site, thanks to the people at TV Authority. Now here is my question. I have mounted my 92" screen and the bottom of it is 42" off the floor. I'm curious as to what height the project need to sit at so I can either buy a table or make one for it to sit on?

Thanks

HD03King

#2 of 4 James Phung

James Phung

Second Unit

• 409 posts

Posted October 06 2005 - 04:12 AM

Use the infocus excel calculator to figure out the vertical offset.

http://www.infocus.c....site_region=1

#3 of 4 Wilson Ortiz

Wilson Ortiz

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 12:40 PM

Hi Dave,

Did you get a chance to use that calculator? I think it is great tool I used it to get ideas on where to mount my soon to order 4805 projector.

I was just wondering if you received your projector and if you have any comments on it.

I'm about to order mine, I have a similar screen size and is going to be the same high from the floor as yours.

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks

Wilson,

#4 of 4 DaveMcFar

DaveMcFar

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted January 07 2006 - 01:46 PM

Wilson

It's a great projector and I love the picture. I ended up getting an OPPS DVD player and have a HD dishnetwork receiver. The picture is awesome with these, but when watching regular programs I can tell the difference. It's not real bad but I can tell the difference. I ended up having to redo my set-up because my projector didn't sit high enough to clear the front row of my seats so I only have one row of seats now. But I think you will really like the 4805.

Dave