Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Family Guy: Stewie Griffin DVD NOT Uncensored?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 of 32 OFFLINE   ChadKo

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 02:51 AM

It clearly marks uncensored on the Family Guy: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story DVD and all of the swear words are bleeped out. Is there something I am missing?

Chad

#2 of 32 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,232 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 03:40 AM

I orderd this form Amazon.com and I noticed that they listed a "Bonus Uncensored Audio Track" in their list of special features. I have not received my copy yet, but maybe you should try looking on the disc for that audio track.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#3 of 32 OFFLINE   David*P

David*P

Supporting Actor

• 980 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 04:15 AM

Yes, you have to use the alternate English audio track to get the definitely uncensored version.

#4 of 32 OFFLINE   ChadKo

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 04:39 AM

OK that clears it up. Thanks!

#5 of 32 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,606 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 05:31 AM

There should be an option directly on the
menu that asks you to select from the CENSORED
or UNCENSORED version.

...at least that is how it was when I reviewed
the screener copy a month ago.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 32 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 07:27 AM

Ron, the option is in the audio selection screen. I got out of the feature when I heard the first beep, changed it and heard everything beep free from then on.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 32 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 02:54 PM

I'm so ******* glad this release is uncensored.

Victory is mine !
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#8 of 32 OFFLINE   Alex-A

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
I'm so ******* glad this release is uncensored.

Victory is mine !
Uncensored and absolutely hilarious!
NCC-2000

#9 of 32 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted September 30 2005 - 01:22 AM

So I'm guessing that the "uncensored" audio will only be available on this release? If these episodes are going to be broadcast later, and then included on a future season set, then I suppose the only reason I'd buy this DVD is to get the unbleeped audio, correct?
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#10 of 32 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 30 2005 - 04:50 AM

Quote:
So I'm guessing that the "uncensored" audio will only be available on this release? If these episodes are going to be broadcast later, and then included on a future season set, then I suppose the only reason I'd buy this DVD is to get the unbleeped audio, correct?

There will be other differences between this, and what airs later (and then makes it onto a future DVD set).

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#11 of 32 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,097 posts

Posted September 30 2005 - 10:56 AM

It won't just be the wonderfully filthy language that's edited out. That pesky "adult content" will likely hit the cutting room floor too before any of these segments make it to air. I don't think fans are being ripped off with this release. I think they're getting something they won't be able to find in this form anywhere else.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#12 of 32 OFFLINE   Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted September 30 2005 - 11:28 AM

I think it's lame that the uncensored audio track isn't the default track( I mean come on, the whole purpose of the dvd is that it's uncensored and all and promoted as such) , and I believe that they should have put a thing like Ron said at the beginning, if they wouldn't have made the uncensored track the default one. A bunch of us watched it the other night and had a blast.... I thought at the time even though there was bleeping it was part of the show, and then I come here and find out you had to select on the audio menu... argh. Oh well!

#13 of 32 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 08:06 AM

I watched the DVD last night. A couple things.

Was it just me or was it just not that funny? I can honestly say I only laughed out loud 2 or 3 times. Not even as much as a normal episode. I don't know, it wasn't BAD but it just hasn't been as good as some of the recent episodes.

And also, it did feel a bit of a cheat. There really wasn't THAT much to be uncensored. A few F words, but contentwise, nothing that bad. And the whole wraparound segments weren't that funny either.

#14 of 32 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted October 01 2005 - 09:35 AM

i was disapointed.
i expected more of a real movie straight to video then 3 shows glued together

could have been funnier too.

also didnt know that i would have to search for the uncensored track.
didnt even know there was one.
watched the whole thing bleeped.
facebook.com/whotony

#15 of 32 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 10:30 AM

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A RANT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Yeah, isn't it great to be able to hear all those fantastic profanities! Gee, what would television entertainment be without it? Posted Image

Gary "sorry, but I couldn't help myself after reading complaints that, God forbid, the same content might be missing from broadcast television where any and every child could potentially be watching - it's not like this is shown on HBO or the Playboy Channel folks!" O.

P.S. No, I didn't buy this dvd and certainly don't plan too. I have to listen to enough crap every day living in this jaded world without paying to hear profanity and listen/watch sick adult content.

OK, RANT OVER.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#16 of 32 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,514 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted October 01 2005 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
Was it just me or was it just not that funny?
It's not just you. This disc had all the laughs of a normal FG episode - spread over 90 minutes. Posted Image

And yeah, other than the F-bombs (none of which were funny at all - seriously, does anyone really laugh at this most overused of "forbidden" words anymore??), none of the content really struck me as anything we wouldn't see in a televised episode.

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#17 of 32 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 06:24 PM

I've watched every episode of this show, and while the first 3 seasons were very funny, I found the show last season to be struggling to keep the same pace as in the past. The 3 or 4 yr layoff seems to have taken its toll somewhat. Don't get me wrong, the new episodes still give us an occassional belly laugh or two, but to me it just doesn't seem to offer nearly as many laughs as the first 3 seasons did. It's lost something along the way.
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#18 of 32 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,314 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted October 01 2005 - 07:01 PM

Possibly because they have had to completely re-organize a production and writing staff after being off the air for three years, and because Seth M. has another show on his hands and is possibly draining him.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#19 of 32 OFFLINE   Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Screenwriter

• 2,219 posts

Posted October 02 2005 - 01:56 AM

Quote:
I've watched every episode of this show, and while the first 3 seasons were very funny, I found the show last season to be struggling to keep the same pace as in the past.

I think it is the opposite. I watched it when it originally aired and really wasn't much of a fan. I've always said, it is like watching Robin Williams. It is so fast, with jokes coming at rapid pace, that only later do you realize, the jokes really aren't all that funny. That manic nature is what is funny.

When the DVDs became a hit, I bought them and rewatched them and it STILL wasn't that funny. I couldn't quite get they hype.

But, when the new episodes aired, I tuned in and, quite surprisingly, I found it to be very funny. The new episodes are some of the best in the series run (at least for me).

I still don't like the early years (or the movie), but the episodes from a few months ago, I love.

#20 of 32 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,681 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 02 2005 - 04:29 AM

It appears to be selling well. Only empty shelves at both Best Buy and Circuit City yesterday. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow