What's new

Family Guy: Stewie Griffin DVD NOT Uncensored? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
It clearly marks uncensored on the Family Guy: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story DVD and all of the swear words are bleeped out. Is there something I am missing?

Chad

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I orderd this form Amazon.com and I noticed that they listed a "Bonus Uncensored Audio Track" in their list of special features. I have not received my copy yet, but maybe you should try looking on the disc for that audio track.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Yes, you have to use the alternate English audio track to get the definitely uncensored version.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There should be an option directly on the
menu that asks you to select from the CENSORED
or UNCENSORED version.

...at least that is how it was when I reviewed
the screener copy a month ago.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Ron, the option is in the audio selection screen. I got out of the feature when I heard the first beep, changed it and heard everything beep free from then on.

Gord

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So I'm guessing that the "uncensored" audio will only be available on this release? If these episodes are going to be broadcast later, and then included on a future season set, then I suppose the only reason I'd buy this DVD is to get the unbleeped audio, correct?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

There will be other differences between this, and what airs later (and then makes it onto a future DVD set).

Gord

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It won't just be the wonderfully filthy language that's edited out. That pesky "adult content" will likely hit the cutting room floor too before any of these segments make it to air. I don't think fans are being ripped off with this release. I think they're getting something they won't be able to find in this form anywhere else.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I think it's lame that the uncensored audio track isn't the default track( I mean come on, the whole purpose of the dvd is that it's uncensored and all and promoted as such) , and I believe that they should have put a thing like Ron said at the beginning, if they wouldn't have made the uncensored track the default one. A bunch of us watched it the other night and had a blast.... I thought at the time even though there was bleeping it was part of the show, and then I come here and find out you had to select on the audio menu... argh. Oh well!

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I watched the DVD last night. A couple things.

Was it just me or was it just not that funny? I can honestly say I only laughed out loud 2 or 3 times. Not even as much as a normal episode. I don't know, it wasn't BAD but it just hasn't been as good as some of the recent episodes.

And also, it did feel a bit of a cheat. There really wasn't THAT much to be uncensored. A few F words, but contentwise, nothing that bad. And the whole wraparound segments weren't that funny either.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was disapointed.
i expected more of a real movie straight to video then 3 shows glued together

could have been funnier too.

also didnt know that i would have to search for the uncensored track.
didnt even know there was one.
watched the whole thing bleeped.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A RANT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Yeah, isn't it great to be able to hear all those fantastic profanities! Gee, what would television entertainment be without it? :rolleyes

Gary "sorry, but I couldn't help myself after reading complaints that, God forbid, the same content might be missing from broadcast television where any and every child could potentially be watching - it's not like this is shown on HBO or the Playboy Channel folks!" O.

P.S. No, I didn't buy this dvd and certainly don't plan too. I have to listen to enough crap every day living in this jaded world without paying to hear profanity and listen/watch sick adult content.

OK, RANT OVER.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It's not just you. This disc had all the laughs of a normal FG episode - spread over 90 minutes. :frowning:

And yeah, other than the F-bombs (none of which were funny at all - seriously, does anyone really laugh at this most overused of "forbidden" words anymore??), none of the content really struck me as anything we wouldn't see in a televised episode.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I've watched every episode of this show, and while the first 3 seasons were very funny, I found the show last season to be struggling to keep the same pace as in the past. The 3 or 4 yr layoff seems to have taken its toll somewhat. Don't get me wrong, the new episodes still give us an occassional belly laugh or two, but to me it just doesn't seem to offer nearly as many laughs as the first 3 seasons did. It's lost something along the way.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Possibly because they have had to completely re-organize a production and writing staff after being off the air for three years, and because Seth M. has another show on his hands and is possibly draining him.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I think it is the opposite. I watched it when it originally aired and really wasn't much of a fan. I've always said, it is like watching Robin Williams. It is so fast, with jokes coming at rapid pace, that only later do you realize, the jokes really aren't all that funny. That manic nature is what is funny.

When the DVDs became a hit, I bought them and rewatched them and it STILL wasn't that funny. I couldn't quite get they hype.

But, when the new episodes aired, I tuned in and, quite surprisingly, I found it to be very funny. The new episodes are some of the best in the series run (at least for me).

I still don't like the early years (or the movie), but the episodes from a few months ago, I love.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It appears to be selling well. Only empty shelves at both Best Buy and Circuit City yesterday. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks